The Democrat Utopia

I remember way way way back when Romney was “gonna put you all back in chains” and mocked for wanting to hire women in his administration if elected (binders full of women).  That he was gonna gut SS and throw grandma off a cliff.  That he was a Private Equity robber Barron that didn’t care about Black people.   Ahhhhh, but now people long for the sensible Romney:blink:

Remember way back in the Time Machine when McCain was just a war monger and racist for wanting to “finish the dang fence”.  When he was too old to elect.  Ohhh, but now we would all vote for them.  Gotcha. 

Cheney….well I mean do we really need to go down that road and see what the Left thought of her pre-Trump??  I didn’t think so.   

• TBH 2

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Nevermind the fact that we continue to praise sensible Republicans like Romney, Cheney, Kinzinger, etc. And long for a McCain to take hold again. None of us are happy with the Democratic party, but it's miles better than the alternative.

when the republican party says it's going to end democracy....it's easy to say f#&% the republican party.   

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I remember way way way back when Romney was “gonna put you all back in chains” and mocked for wanting to hire women in his administration if elected (binders full of women).  That he was gonna gut SS and throw grandma off a cliff.  That he was a Private Equity robber Barron that didn’t care about Black people.   Ahhhhh, but now people long for the sensible Romney:blink:

Remember way back in the Time Machine when McCain was just a war monger and racist for wanting to “finish the dang fence”.  When he was too old to elect.  Ohhh, but now we would all vote for them.  Gotcha. 

Cheney….well I mean do we really need to go down that road and see what the Left thought of her pre-Trump??  I didn’t think so.   

Not sure what your point is here. I would absolutely love to have a better choice than Trump or Biden. Romney, McCain, Cheney….any of those would do just fine.

The good thing about Trump is, he makes anyone other than him the super easy choice. I can’t think of one person living or dead or imaginary that I would pick Trump over. Not one.

6 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Not sure what your point is here. I would absolutely love to have a better choice than Trump or Biden. Romney, McCain, Cheney….any of those would do just fine.

The good thing about Trump is, he makes anyone other than him the super easy choice. I can’t think of one person living or dead or imaginary that I would pick Trump over. Not one.

He doesn’t realize that this board was actually about 50/50 for the 2008 and 2012 elections.  It might have actually leaned towards Romney…

The current GOP is just that bad.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

He doesn’t realize that this board was actually about 50/50 for the 2008 and 2012 elections.  It might have actually leaned towards Romney…

The current GOP is just that bad.

Or the fact that you don't have to agree with everything but you can respect a decent politician. A complete piece of s#!t, not so much.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

You're describing politics as normal. It's stupid, but part of the game. 

What's not normal creating a fake elector scheme to undermine a fair election, inciting an insurrection, and using the propaganda straight from the Kremlin on your own constituency. 

The contempt Republican elected officials have for their own voters is funny. They repeatedly use and abuse them - literally to pay for the many criminal trials and judgements of their party leader. Such is the case when you create a horde of voters disconnected from reality. You people need to respect yourselves and vote better. 

• TBH 2
On 2/27/2024 at 6:32 AM, Archy1221 said:

And yet you fell straight for the 2016 Russian disinfo disseminated by the Dems hook line and sinker!   

And we still didn't know how big the fish really was. 

Look out. You may have swallowed "exonerated" without chewing. 

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Seriously. WTF?  I mean, I remember back when the Democrats nominated notorious centrist and reach-across-the-aisle guy Joe Biden, and the Right treated him like Karl Marx. 

Or are you simply pointing out that the Republican Party has abandoned competence and decency in order to run candidates that further inflame liberals?

Remember, we did go down the Cheney road. Nobody on the Left forgot her pre-Trump record. But many on the right considered her turn on Trump a betrayal of the party. That would be you. 

Isn't it a bit weird that your "gotcha!" is actually an admission of your party's march to extremism?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
16 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay, do the Pro-Pally bros deally think it is genocide or is it is just the cool new FB and Insta update?

The international Left is certainly using the most inflammatory language possible. But given the stunning percentage of women and children killed, general disregard for civilian safety, and express motives of Netanyahu and his fundamentalist minority, it may not be the leap you think.

I also don't think anyone considers it cool, bro. 

You can learn more than those FB updates provide by reading what the grown-ups say about the situation: 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-limits-of-accusing-israel-of-genocide-under-international-law

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The international Left is certainly using the most inflammatory language possible. But given the stunning percentage of women and children killed, general disregard for civilian safety, and express motives of Netanyahu and his fundamentalist minority, it may not be the leap you think.

I also don't think anyone considers it cool, bro. 

You can learn more than those FB updates provide by reading what the grown-ups say about the situation: 

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-limits-of-accusing-israel-of-genocide-under-international-law

This is what I am talking about it.

I think for "kids" like the college crowd, being a pro-pally bro is the "cool" thing to update your status with...not so much with the adults.  I did not clarify that in my post, my mistake.  

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:
17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The point is exactly what I stated and doesn’t really pertain to you.  It’s for those Dems who accused Romney and a McCain of being s#!tty, racist, women hating, xenophobia yet now claim those folks were actually great guys.  

• Fire 3
  • TBH 1
42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The point is exactly what I stated and doesn’t really pertain to you.  It’s for those Dems who accused Romney and a McCain of being s#!tty, racist, women hating, xenophobia yet now claim those folks were actually great guys.  

If you can find people who accused Romney and McCain of being racist, women-hating xenophobes, you won't find them calling them great guys now. By your own admission they seem reasonable only in comparison to the man you voted for twice. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Or are you simply pointing out that the Republican Party has abandoned competence and decency in order to run candidates that further inflame liberals?

My perfectly chosen words were pointing out that it doesn’t matter who Republicans nominate, that person will be considered a racist, xenophobic, social security killing, devil spawn once the general election rolls around.  It’s a time honored tradition by the left.  

Then an election or two happens and the Left begins to say, “ well why can’t the Right nominate a good candidate like they did in the previous elections?”  

Isn't it a bit weird that your "gotcha!" is actually an admission of your party's march to extremism?

As stated above, it wasn’t a gotcha statement :thumbs

Remember, we did go down the Cheney road. Nobody on the Left forgot her pre-Trump record. But many on the right considered her turn on Trump a betrayal of the party. That would be you.

That wouldn’t be me.   My issue with her is she couldn’t get over 2020 and only focused on 2020.   One of my same beefs with Trump post 2020 as you have read me post a few times now.  THAT would be me, mi amigo.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2