The Democrat Utopia

27 minutes ago, knapplc said:

At least he wasn't attending racist rallies, or plotting the overthrow of an election.  

He was part of the Russia Hoax trying to impeach a duly elected President, so ya he kinda did plot to overthrow an election.  Just not the one you are thinking of. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I mean, if you had to pick a political extreme, would you go with the people fighting to recalibrate the war economy to the benefit of millions, give hard working American laborers more clout against management, and counter the many forms of systemic racism and inequality?  Or would you go with the one that fights for guns, fraudulent elections, billionaires, and ivermectin, and quite literally believes Democrats are a cabal of cannibalistic pedophiles? 

To put it another way, Alex Jones has more followers than the American Communist Party. And Donald Trump gave InfoWars a White House press pass. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

He was part of the Russia Hoax trying to impeach a duly elected President, so ya he kinda did plot to overthrow an election.  Just not the one you are thinking of. 

Very Cute Kitten Wallpapers - Top Free Very Cute Kitten Backgrounds -  WallpaperAccess

Awwwwe  look.  He's trying to pretend that the first Trump Impeachment was about Russia and a "hoax".....

So cute!

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I agree - no country that has truly been truly a communist one thus far has been a great place to live (nor am I expressing admiration or support of those countries), because they have also had an authoritarian or totalitarian ruler - that doesn't mean that the goals of  uprooting systemic racism, taxing the rich, addressing climate change, securing voting rights and putting people first over profits are bad.  

I think the question I am asking is, can you achieve those things without an authoritarian ruler?  I think if our country's liberal democracy set up worked properly, with elected officials truly working for the needs of their people (specific to the above and more) then couldn't we have a country that worked for the betterment of its people?  It's the beauty of a co-equal branches of government isn't it?  The elected reps advocate for their people, work with the leader of the country to accomplish things that make things better for the people, not the companies that line their pockets to gain their vote.

I don’t disagree here. It would be nice if our government functioned better. Right now it’s a super majority or bust. Or try and legislate through executive order (not sure they are constitutional) and the courts….definitely not constitutional.

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

as i understand it....a duly elected president is the only kind of president that can be impeached.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1