The Democrat Utopia

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh, so does that mean that since Jan6th 2021, insurrection can only be used in regards to the Jan6th riot?  

Again, this is a you issue if you want to equate the two.  

By the way, you never answered.  How will HJ take back the House “immediately?”

I never said he will. And, it’s a stupid comment. 

But, everyone knows you were making a reference to Jan 6 and people’s reaction to it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

She doesn’t sound too fun :(

Maybe the liberal media isn't ignoring the story as much as the conservative media is inflating it.

Even given Foldi's 100% partisan take on the story, the only reveal his anonymous source details is that Porter punished a staffer who did not follow office protocol and gave her boss COVID. The scandalous and "eye-popping" berating she gave the staffer was confirmed as this text:

“Well you gave me Covid,” Porter’s messages read. “It took you not following the rules to get me sick.” 

Foldi basically dips into the anonymous source pool for whatever he wants, including unspecific claims of anti-Black racism. The difference between D.C. gossip and national news always requires both verifiable claims and a high enough national profile. To his point, nobody cared about Amy Klobuchar until she became a presidential candidate, at which point the liberal media didn't shield her from the bad boss claims we all heard. Did the media -- mostly quasi media like the people sharing Spectator articles on Twitter -- gleefully run with any unvetted dirt on Donald Trump and cronies? Of course. Still doesn't make Foldi's anonymous tipsters "heroes" for doing what the mainstream media refuses to do. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 2
41 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The difference between D.C. gossip and national news always requires both verifiable claims and a high enough national profile

This is truly B.S.   The years 2016-2020 prove you demonstrably wrong.  Every single month it seemed there was a Trump story breathlessly talked about and walls were closing in…….based on reports with anonymous sources that turned out to not be true.  

The difference is actually just what party the politician belongs to.  Sorry to burst your bubble on this one.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

This is truly B.S.   The years 2016-2020 prove you demonstrably wrong.  Every single month it seemed there was a Trump story breathlessly talked about and walls were closing in…….based on reports with anonymous sources that turned out to not be true.  

The difference is actually just what party the politician belongs to.  Sorry to burst your bubble on this one.  

Sorry you didn't read the whole post, which anticipated and addressed your response. 

The gossipy parts about Trump transgressions were generally as true as these Katie Porter transgressions, which is to say partly. 

In this case we're comparing a Democratic congresswoman who's hard on underlings, to a U.S. President who blatantly aligned with Vladimir Putin against his own intelligence community, but fell short of video proof he had Russian hookers pee on him. 

I don't know if it's a coincidence that all these scandalously ball-breaking bosses --- Katie Porter, Amy Klobuchar, Hillary Clinton -- happen to be Deomocratic women. That would require too much speculation.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
On 1/10/2023 at 11:32 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

My personal favorite story similar to this was the whole Sen. Klobuchar yelling at staffers for not giving her a fork and eating her salad with a comb. 

Hey guys, remind me of how this (and Amy and Hilary etc) fits within all the male congressmen w/ "tough" reputations?   

Oh yea, those don't get "reported".  Cuz they're men.

• Plus1 2