Quarterback

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

They did. POB, Gebbia and Bunch all can run it a bit and Nebraska pursued Colson Yankoff and Justin Fields. They saw what Tommy could do for them schematically and they altered their recruiting philosophy a bit because of it.

Yeah, they were starting to go that direction.  They saw the light.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Bunch can, yeah.

I think Gebbia could but I don't think he wants to be that type of QB in college but that is just a guess.

POB is a straight line runner...which I think would mean he would have a hard time with all the option stuff Frost runs but I am not sure.

POB would do just fine in Frost's offense.  You don't need the next Tommy Frazier to be really good in this offense.

Edited by BigRedBuster
20 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Teaching someone to throw and teaching someone to throw and makes decisions as a QB are two different things my friend.  

I understand my friend the differences.. however the premise as I stated is there are Allot of HS super studs that play QB and stay on the field and play defense.. Adam Carricker is just one example of a HS QB + other positions.. my premise was simply recruit talent and then train appropriately what you have them to be.. can’t put talent and aptitude in a player but said player can be taught the techniques of a position... class C schools are

littered with players who never come off field..

they also bring what’s been lost over the years.. mental toughness 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Maybe...shoot I hope so!  I hope he throws for 300 a game and rushes for 75 a game.

I would even go as far as saying POB and Gebbia would do better in Frost's offense than Martinez or Armstrong.  That's because the QB still needs to be able to deliver accurate passes and make good decisions in the passing game to make it work.  Sure, they will be asked to pull it down and run for yardage.  But, their main job is to manage the offense and deliver the ball to the play makers.  What makes the Spread work is that there are play makers everywhere that can get the ball in space.  If you don't have the QB that can do that, it hinders how good it will be.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Why would you not want a QB that can do both?  

Answer:  There is no reason.

Answer: Because it's very rare to find a QB that can do both really well. Usually, you either pick between a QB doing one of the two great and the other poor, or doing both decent-to-good. These are both legitimate ways to approach it.

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Bunch can, yeah.

I think Gebbia could but I don't think he wants to be that type of QB in college but that is just a guess.

POB is a straight line runner...which I think would mean he would have a hard time with all the option stuff Frost runs but I am not sure.

Thanks.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm curious if Lee could do well in Frost's system. If the system could do well with both less mobile passers and dual threat QB's, it'd be impressive.

21 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Milton averaged roughly 8 carries/game and 41 yards/game this season.  I am sure POB, Gebbia or Bunch could handle that.  

More important to me is can you run the option well. Make guys commit to you and pitcn last second. Mackenzie has a knack for that.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Thanks.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm curious if Lee could do well in Frost's system. If the system could do well with both less mobile passers and dual threat QB's, it'd be impressive.

I think given the chance he would do pretty well. I don't want to say this system is QB friendly, because that takes away from how well Frost and his staff coach the position.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

From what I have seen, yes, they run some option.  But, it's not like it's THE offense they run.

Right but its a nice play to have in the back pocket and when they run it, it usually goes for a big play when they get to their 3rd option because of the way Mckenzie runs it. He is great at getting the defenders to commit to him and getting it out to his guy last second. There was a play in the championship game it almost looked like a bad or dangerous play by him, but he got it out to the pitch man for a big gain.