Quarterback

7 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I like Gebbia but I don't think Scott is the type of coach to force a round peg in a square hole.  Gebbia is a pocket passer with mobility... Not a dual threat guy.  I'm guessing our starting QB for 2018 is not on campus currently.  

Agree 100%.  I don't think we have a QB here with the talent level to run a spread attack system.  In my opinion, QB is our most important position going into next season.  I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting 2 or 3 recruits yet in this class.

48 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I like Gebbia but I don't think Scott is the type of coach to force a round peg in a square hole.  Gebbia is a pocket passer with mobility... Not a dual threat guy.  I'm guessing our starting QB for 2018 is not on campus currently.  

You can have a very effective spread offense with a player like this. 

21 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

So, from what I gather, current QB's are expected to

Lee: Go Pro; Grad Transfer

O'brien: Maybe stick around through springball then bolt if not starter

Gebbia: Stick around

Most feel since these three are mostly pocket passers, they may not be interested in the new offense.

We do still have a top 15, 4 star, dual threat QB on the team currently working at WR and holder. Any chance Darlington makes the move back to QB?

If so, is he still good enough to compete for the starting job?

Ya, just what we need to get the Frost era started......a player possibly getting seriosly injured. No thanks. Theres a reason he doesnt play regularly. The kid was life flighted off the field in high school. 

I really thought Lee would leave one way or the other but I think it is correct that he's just short of graduating - he had to retake several classes that didn't transfer - and that's probably limiting his options.

So I would think all three  - four with Bunch - would at least go through Spring Ball and see what shakes out.  Then they'll know better how they fit in Frost's offense - plus see who else is joining the party - and can make their decisions from there.

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

I agree with those thinking mostly about Gebbia. He's not a burner, but he's got good quickness and shiftiness, and has that sort of improvising/slinging sort of way of playing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's right in the thick of it come fall camp.

He almost didn't redshirt if I remember correctly. And people were losing their collective sh!t last year when he committed. There is a reason for that, the guy can sling it and is a bona fide gamer. And honestly POB is a gamer to but I think he fits the offense a little less that Gebbia does. It seems like we are always so quick to write off the players we have (especially at the QB position) for the next hot thing coming in. Gebbia and POB are far from proven commodities but lets not write them off just yet. Riley did not leave the cabinet bare here.