Poll: Who Starts at QB in 2018?

Poll: 2018 Starting QB  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I agree with all of your points. I’m a little but sentimental. I just think as he is on the team and has been starting qb he at least deserves a chance. As Scott is a fair man, I believe he will give Tanner a look see then give him sound counsel if he doesn’t fit. If Tanner is smart he will do exactly what Scott says. 

Oh yeah, he deserves a chance for sure. I just don't think he'll win the job. I think he's best suited to go to the NFL and give that a shot. A lot of NFL QBs didn't have much success in college. He'd get a chance by someone.

5 minutes ago, ThroughTheseGates said:

Oh yeah, he deserves a chance for sure. I just don't think he'll win the job. I think he's best suited to go to the NFL and give that a shot. A lot of NFL QBs didn't have much success in college. He'd get a chance by someone.

I have to admit I’m surprised he’s comitback. I figured he was already preparing to leave. I’m sure you are correct. I feel kinda sorry for the guy.  However, he did improve this year but like you’ve said, this system isn’t the one for him.  

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

I have to admit I’m surprised he’s comitback. I figured he was already preparing to leave. I’m sure you are correct. I feel kinda sorry for the guy.  However, he did improve this year but like you’ve said, this system isn’t the one for him.  

Yeah, it's unfortunate for him. Hopefully he doesn't feel sorry for himself and he keeps chugging along with his goals. But he can still leave NU. He's just saying all the right things right now to keep his options open. I'd bet money he won't be on the roster for spring ball.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Huskers44 said:

I’d be shocked if Gebbia weighed 185. I’ve seen him around campus and he looks pretty dang small. I still think he’s gonna be a stellar QB for us. 

He McKenzie Milton from UCF are roughly the same size, although Milton migh have an inch or two on him.  Gebbia will be fine.

5 hours ago, zoogs said:

I'm a big, big fan of Tanner. I don't see him keeping the job if he stays. I would hope his people are strongly pushing for him to find a different situation as a grad transfer, just because I expect Frost will be eager to move to a different system. And Tanner needs to be in a place where he can develop his execution of a pro-style offense.

I really would like to see what Gebbia can bring to the table here. His spring game last season was pretty sweet. I think he in particular will thrive in Frost's system. 

This hits the spot and would benefit all -

TL wants to play in the NFL and there is no way that he will show case that here next year

TG will work hard for the next several months to put himself in position to make a run

SF gets to recruit one more player

• Plus1 1