Devaney gone?

1 minute ago, brophog said:

He had a very clear role as chief scapegoat. This is an important role. We can't just blame offensive line coaches forever, and defensive coordinators are getting expensive. 

Well Devaney did a great job of serving as a road block for his recruiting staff when Kenny Wilhite and others thought a kid should get a scholarship offer.

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wonder if Moos was walking around this week and saw Devaney sitting in his office, catching up on his favorite shows on Netflix and Moos asked him “Billy, what are you doing here? Didn’t anyone tell you that you were fired?”  Billy probably responded, “well, I never really reported to anyone, so they couldn’t tell me I was fired.”  

Apparently what happened was, he was laid off five years ago, and no one told him about it.  And by some glitch in payrole he was still receiving a paycheck.  So we fixed the glitch.

Edited by Sker fer life
Grammer
  • Plus1 2
3 hours ago, brophog said:

He had a very clear role as chief scapegoat. This is an important role. We can't just blame offensive line coaches forever, and defensive coordinators are getting expensive. 

I just want you to know that you are KILLING IT in this thread. Two posts. Both solid gold.

Pitchforks for Lyfe!

The money that has been absolutely wasted by this institution is seriously infuriating.  

I get that the football program, and the entire athletic dept, is solvent, but seriously what the heck?!

The cornbucks that are raining down on former head coaches, assistants, idiots like Devaney, and Eichorst is nauseating.   And to think, Perlman is sitting down somewhere in his stuffy, firm chair in his reading room wearing his little glasses at the tip of his nose with his beady eyes glancing at his fireplace just thinking about how great he is.  

What world do we live in where you can totally and completely f- up at your job and then you hit a financial windfall just to go away.

I’m pushing my sons to become D1 coaches.. forget medical school.  

Sorry about the rant, this Devaney bs just freakin irritates me.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, teachercd said:

The position makes a lot of sense and is a good idea.  They just need a college dude in it that actually you know, respects the head coach and stuff.

Yeah, he's the director of player personnel and didn't have any relationship with the players. Sounds like he would also sit in on meetings and just observe, not saying anything. Like a principal observing a teacher sitting in the back of class trying to be invisible, but everyone knows they're there.

• Plus1 1