seaofred92

Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the Huskers beat Indiana tonight & PSU beats Michigan tomorrow, Nebraska will be the 4 seed no matter how the NU/PSU game comes out. 

PSU & Indiana can get to 11 conference wins if they win out so NU needs one win to assure themselves of finishing above both of them + they have the tiebreaker against Michigan, so them winning and Michigan losing assures that the worst case scenario is they end up tied and NU gets 4th based on the tiebreaker.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:08 PM, HS_Coach_C said:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/wizard/Nebraska.html

I found this link pretty interesting.  You can look at current RPI and play around with "what-if" scenarios.

For instance, if Nebraska wins their final 3 games, their RPI is predicted to be 46th.

I then did the same thing but had the wins over Marist, Delaware State, and Stetson dropped because those teams all have an RPI over 300.

Nebraska's RPI, with 3 less wins, would be 25th!

Using this RPI predictor again - if Nebraska wins their next 2, their RPI should jump from 60th to 50th.

If they then lose to Michigan, it will be 57th.

If they beat Michigan and then lose to Michigan State, it will be 46th.

If they beat Michigan, beat Michigan State, then lose to Purdue, it will be 37th.

If they beat Michigan, beat Michigan State, then lose to Ohio State, it will be 39th.

Of course these are estimates based on current RPI, but they will be close.

This basically shows what many have been thinking - win the next three, including Michigan in the Big Ten tourney, and they should be okay (provided the loss in the Big Ten tourney comes to Michigan State, Purdue, or Ohio State) - if they happen to win 2 games in the Big Ten tourney, I don't see how they get left out.

• Plus1 1

Baylor is getting stomped right now at the half. Hopefully it stays that way. I wonder how much the 'eye' test actually comes into play when deciding the teams that make it to the dance. It would seem to be tough to put in a team that gets bet by 30 (Oklahoma) and a team like Baylor getting blown out at home especially so close to the tournament. 

29 minutes ago, jds017gbr said:

Baylor is getting stomped right now at the half. Hopefully it stays that way. I wonder how much the 'eye' test actually comes into play when deciding the teams that make it to the dance. It would seem to be tough to put in a team that gets bet by 30 (Oklahoma) and a team like Baylor getting blown out at home especially so close to the tournament. 

It probably matters a tiny bit, but if they watched any of Nebraska vs Illinois then that doesn't help us any.

31 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You guys realize that Lunardi isn't on the actual NCAA committee, right?

Does it make him any less of a douche? 

22 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Can a guy with a nickname like "Joey Brackets" be a douche?..... Yes? Okay.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I don't disagree with you there.  The fact that Joey Brackets acts like he is on the committee makes him a bigger douche.

• Plus1 1

Nebraska still in the "Others receiving votes" section of Bracket Matrix. 

Thanks to something called BoW Sports Analytics, Nebraska is still in 1 bracket. 

Win next 2.... in

Go 1-1 in next 2... iffy at best

Lose next 2....NIT

This seems to be sentiment among most local and Big 10 hosts

24 minutes ago, HANC said:

Win next 2.... in

Go 1-1 in next 2... iffy at best

Lose next 2....NIT

This seems to be sentiment among most local and Big 10 hosts

I have believed this scenario all along. 2 wins over nationally "Highly Viewed" Michigan with a 4th place power conference finish and 23 wins.

Would almost be unprecedented to ignore even in this age of quadrant fever...