Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

25 minutes ago, MileHighHusker said:

Would margin of defeat have any impact? If we win the rest of our games by an average of 10 points versus squeaking out a bunch of wins?

Too bad Maryland gave up that big lead to MSU this weekend. I also don't get the Maryland love. Are you guys saying thay if we win out and win one game in the tournament, that Maryland would go dancing over us? even if we finish 4th in the B1G?

Probably not, because that would include a win over Maryland.  I think we would be in, but if not, I think it would be more likely that the Big Ten only gets 4 bids (Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan) in that scenario.

19 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

We cannot finish anything lower than 5-2 if we want a chance at the tourney 

Even that means we need a couple conference tournament wins.

Like others have said, our resume is not good. At this point we need to win about 7 more games to have a chance. Now if we went 5-2, then we would have to win 2 conference tournament games.

B1G is just not good this year. now if Minnesota and Maryland keep losing, we can make sneak in if the committee see's the B1G is only sending 4 teams and we are at 4th in the B1G... but lets make our lives easier and just win the B1G Ten Tourney.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Looking at this bracket, I think he has us as a play-in game at the top.

One of the frustrations with Twitter is that you can't expand a picture on your computer.

He has Nebraska vs NC St playing into the 13th seed in the Midwest. Winner to take on Tennessee

• Plus1 1

I think 21 wins gets us in the conversation, but on the wrong side of the bubble to the extent that nobody really considers us.  22 probably gets us squarely on the bubble and it becomes a toss up.  I think 23 should get us in unless we win out and get hammered in the conference tournament.

44 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Even that means we need a couple conference tournament wins.

Like others have said, our resume is not good. At this point we need to win about 7 more games to have a chance. Now if we went 5-2, then we would have to win 2 conference tournament games.

B1G is just not good this year. now if Minnesota and Maryland keep losing, we can make sneak in if the committee see's the B1G is only sending 4 teams and we are at 4th in the B1G... but lets make our lives easier and just win the B1G Ten Tourney.

I think the same, but i don't know how they could leave out a 23 win team from the B10, even on a down year 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I think the same, but i don't know how they could leave out a 23 win team from the B10, even on a down year 

this is through 2012: 

http://www.collegerpi.com/subs/rpitrivia.html

• Number of times a team with at least 20 wins has been left out: 215
    • ... among the big six: 37
  • Most wins left out: 27 (Drexel, Oral Roberts - 2012)
    • ... among the big six: 23 (Arizona - 2012, Mississippi St, Virginia Tech - 2010, Florida - 2009)
  • Best record left out: 24-5 .828 (Coastal Carolina - 2011)
    • ... among the big six: 23-8 .742 (Virginia Tech - 2010)

realtimerpi.com has the conference ending this way.  I'm not sure how some of the tiebreakers would work out.

Purdue 17 1
Michigan St 16 2
Ohio St 14 4
Nebraska 11 7
Michigan 11 7
Penn St 10 8
Maryland 8 10
Northwestern 7 11
Indiana 7 11
Wisconsin 6 12
Minnesota 5 13
Iowa 5 13
Rutgers 5 13
Illinois 4 14
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, it's pretty rare that a big six team gets left out with 20+ wins.

I think those numbers were just from 2005 to 2012.

So it averages out to be about 5 teams per year but I'm not sure how rare that is. How many Big 6 teams have 20+ wins each year? :dunno