Bracketology

Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nebrasketball Make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes
    • No, and no postseason tournament
    • No, but makes NIT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/2018 at 11:17 PM

54 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Of course he tries to rain on the parade. 

Didnt read it that way. I think he is right. We legitimately can win out with our schedule.

At this point I think 5-1 to finish makes things really interesting. Really good chance we finish 4th or 5th in the Big. Would have 22 wins and a chance to play Michigan again which could really cement things to beat Michigan a second time on Neutral ground. 

If we did that, we would then get a shot at Purdue or maybe even Ohio State. 

I love this team. They have a few fighters and while last night was beyond frustrating to watch, they never seemed to quit. I think this team is far more dangerous than the 2012 team. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Didnt read it that way. I think he is right. We legitimately can win out with our schedule.

At this point I think 5-1 to finish makes things really interesting. Really good chance we finish 4th or 5th in the Big. Would have 22 wins and a chance to play Michigan again which could really cement things to beat Michigan a second time on Neutral ground. 

I love this team. They have a few fighters and while last night was beyond frustrating to watch, they never seemed to quit. I think this team is far more dangerous than the 2012 team. 

Love the fight in these guys. A little sporadic and inconsistent from the 3. If we had a consistent 3 point shooter this team this team would be lights out. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I might just be projecting, as I usually can't stand the World Herald writers. 

The sentiment isn't wrong, though. They need to go 5-1 at minimum to keep momentum going. Probably need at least one win in the B1G tournament, too. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, bugeater17 said:

Love the fight in these guys. A little sporadic and inconsistent from the 3. If we had a consistent 3 point shooter this team this team would be lights out. 

Was a bit surprised we didnt see McVeigh last night just because of the fouling issues.

Once we moved to the 1-3-1 zone everything shifted. We got Happ off balanced and a few of those down low looks werent following and then those back to back fouls really frustrated him.

Even when Copeland took the shot to the face and kept playing, that showed the toughness of this team. We have a ton of heart but they also dont seem to let emotions get to them.

Palmer is steady!

3 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd love to see Allen get a couple of Anton Gill's minutes, just to see if he can be more consistent from back there. 

As it is, the fewer 3s this team shoots, the better off it is. Gotta be a drive and kick/get fouled team from here on out. 

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'd love to see Allen get a couple of Anton Gill's minutes, just to see if he can be more consistent from back there. 

As it is, the fewer 3s this team shoots, the better off it is. Gotta be a drive and kick/get fouled team from here on out. 

I tend to agree with you, Miles has tried making Gill this teams 3 point threat but he just doesn't seem to have it every night. Gill has had a couple good nights from behind the arc sprinkled in but is far too inconsistent. He must show something in practice because it appears he has the green light. 

It was posted before and I agree...The game at Illinois should scare Husker fans.  The Illini speed up teams with their defense and make them uncomfortable and force about 20 turnovers a game and lets face it...had NU dead to rights at the PBA.

What you don't want...you don't want the Illini winning tonight at home vs Rutgers and for them to start getting confidence.

5 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I tend to agree with you, Miles has tried making Gill this teams 3 point threat but he just doesn't seem to have it every night. Gill has had a couple good nights from behind the arc sprinkled in but is far too inconsistent. He must show something in practice because it appears he has the green light. 

Exactly. I think Allen needs some confidence. Gill is so hit or miss. I like that he isnt afraid to shoot when he gets an open look but his stroke was a bit stiff last night.

My big issue with Allen and Watson is they are both smaller guys. I dont mind a guy like Evan Taylor off the bench but I would roll with Watson/Allen/Palmer/Copeland/Roby.

Roby was pretty bad last night but he is getting there. Jordy was just awful on defense last night, but he does add something off the bench at times. For god sake dont let him go against Happ again. 

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It was posted before and I agree...The game at Illinois should scare Husker fans.  The Illini speed up teams with their defense and make them uncomfortable and force about 20 turnovers a game and lets face it...had NU dead to rights at the PBA.

What you don't want...you don't want the Illini winning tonight at home vs Rutgers and for them to start getting confidence.

I agree that Illinois is easily my biggest concern because it is on the road and sandwiched between Maryland and Indiana.

Thant being said, we know what Illinois does and we shouldnt be caught off guard. Illinois is really bad offensively and cant shoot. Unless they get hot, I think we can overcome there defense.

4 home games/2 road games.. Maryland and Indiana make me nervous just because they are the unknowns BUT they are at home and hopefully we have our eyes on the tourney at that point.

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

if we finish 5-1 we are going to the tourney. We'd be 22-9 with winning 12 of our last 14 games (finish 4th in the B10). Sprinkle in 1 or 2 wins in the B10 tourney to get to 23 or 24 wins. 

If we finish 4th we get a double bye. 1-2 wins would be pretty tough because we would most likely be playing a 5 seed(Michigan) and a 1 seed(Purdue).

If we lose 1 game, and Michigan loses only 1 game(OSU is only upper team left for them), I believe we lose the tiebreaker because of overall record. We would get a 1st round bye and be the 5 seed. 

14 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

To be fair, Gill is still our most accurate 3 point shooter. He has dropped off a bit lately (was at 46%, now 41%) though. He's shown signs of being able to create his own shot, but rarely. I do agree however, I'd like to see Allen get more minutes. I'd like to see Allen and Watson on the court together more often.