RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

24 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not to mention the fact that it's rather ridiculous to judge whether someone has been lifting or not based on a picture or video.  As fans we know very little about him.

I'm just glad he wants to be a Cornhusker and I hope he succeeds here.

This x100.  Hope everything works out for all parties.  

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not to mention the fact that it's rather ridiculous to judge whether someone has been lifting or not based on a picture or video.  As fans we know very little about him.

Ya. Also, he didn’t get pudgy like Stevenson or Keyshawn. That’s a more difficult problem.

24 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/huskercorner.com/2018/07/29/nebraska-football-maurice-washington-lincoln/amp/

There are two players the Nebraska football team is waiting for to join them. Andre Watt, a wide receiver who could change up the team’s plan this fall and running back Maurice Washington.”

So Dominick Watt decided to fuse with Andre Hunt. Gonna make a nice strength/speed combo.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Dang, I just made an observation. He looks skinny. “Rather ridiculous” lol. You sound dramatic. 

• Plus1 1
On 7/28/2018 at 1:08 PM, Vince R. said:

I think I saw a video of him recently, and he looks like he hasn't lifted in half a year. 

52 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Dang, I just made an observation. He looks skinny. “Rather ridiculous” lol. You sound dramatic. 

Not being dramatic. I just don't think it's necessary to call out the work ethic of one of our commits.  If you think he looks skinny, say he looks skinny. You said it looks like he hasn't been lifting. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't, but he's still in high school and hasn't been Duvalized yet.  A lot of high school guys don't make good gains in the weight room until they get on the right program.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not being dramatic. I just don't think it's necessary to call out the work ethic of one of our commits.  If you think he looks skinny, say he looks skinny. You said it looks like he hasn't been lifting. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't, but he's still in high school and hasn't been Duvalized yet.  A lot of high school guys don't make good gains in the weight room until they get on the right program.

I didn’t call out his work ethic either. The young man has a lot on his plate. In between working and getting his grades in order, it’s tough. However, he is still a football player that may be a part of this program, therefore his physique coming in does matter. But it wasn’t an attack. Just an observation. And this is generally speaking, but if you’re an incoming freshman, and you don’t make some gains between signing and enrolling, something is up. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I didn’t call out his work ethic either. The young man has a lot on his plate. In between working and getting his grades in order, it’s tough. However, he is still a football player that may be apart of this program, therefore his physique coming in does matter. But it wasn’t an attack. Just an observation. And this is generally speaking, if you’re an incoming freshman, and you don’t make some gains between signing and enrolling, something is up. 

He is currently apart from this program, but hopefully soon he is a part of it. Good day.

• Plus1 2

Omaha World Herald just released a new article about 20 minutes ago that said a source close to Husker Football says the staff is "extremely confident" washington will make it. The article cleared up the speculation that he did indeed take the test on the 14th and recently got his results. They did not say what the results were- but that washington told them he still does not know his status for certain. 

So I assume he got the 20 and thats what his tweet was all about- "all done". The reason he did not comment if he knows he will end up at lincoln for sure is because he is waiting on the official waiver request to get answered.

So back to my previous question no one seems to know the answer to. How long does this waiver process take? They said in the article they thought him and watt would both make it for fall camp so I would take that to mean they could find out any day? 

• Plus1 2