RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

26 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Do you mean that as in you know something? Like he can get academic redshirt regardless of test score? 

Also so does anyone know how long the waiver process takes? 

No basically if he gets a passing test score he will most likely still be an academic redshirt. Would guess waiver process has already been submitted if he got his score back on the 24th. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I think I saw a video of him recently, and he looks like he hasn't lifted in half a year. 

If true it might be in his best interest he redshirts anyway. He has probably gone through a lot just trying to get qualified but that doesn't excuse him not lifting. I really want his talents on the field but honestly, I would rather see him succeed in the classroom first and get his life back together. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Do you mean that as in you know something? Like he can get academic redshirt regardless of test score? 

Also so does anyone know how long the waiver process takes? 

He has to get a good enough score to even qualify.  However, his other issue is he didn't have enough core classes by the time he was a junior.  So that's the part that will make him take an academic redshirt even if he gets a good enough score to qualify.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The difference is this guy has the ability to take it to the house at any point- slash defenses for 30 yards. Our guys in the roster now I am excited if they get more than 5

The biggest problems with the backs we currently have on the roster is they have been playing in Langs sorry excuse for a running scheme.  Obviously that' isn't an issue anymore.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

If true it might be in his best interest he redshirts anyway. He has probably gone through a lot just trying to get qualified but that doesn't excuse him not lifting. I really want his talents on the field but honestly, I would rather see him succeed in the classroom first and get his life back together. 

FWIW he was also working. (I checked his Twitter yesterday and there are a couple posts about it).

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

FWIW he was also working. (I checked his Twitter yesterday and there are a couple posts about it).

Not to mention the fact that it's rather ridiculous to judge whether someone has been lifting or not based on a picture or video.  As fans we know very little about him.

I'm just glad he wants to be a Cornhusker and I hope he succeeds here.

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not to mention the fact that it's rather ridiculous to judge whether someone has been lifting or not based on a picture or video.  As fans we know very little about him.

I'm just glad he wants to be a Cornhusker and I hope he succeeds here.

Agree. He will have to be an academic redshirt and I think it appears certain Duval knows what he is doing and a year from now he will be ready to roll. 

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

The biggest problems with the backs we currently have on the roster is they have been playing in Langs sorry excuse for a running scheme.  Obviously that' isn't an issue anymore.

Come on, Langsdorf’s awesome passing game with a statue QB was going to open up the run game!!!  I was told that by numerous fans. 

• Plus1 2