RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

7 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I did a little more looking into this and my question above as well. It looks like if he can show a hardship and prove he faced extenuating circumstances that prevented him from completing required core classes he can get a waiver to be immediately eligible. It looks like that is unlikely but he still has to show hardship to be granted the academic red-shirt which is more likely. Again, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like it's coming down to. 

I would assume he is a shoe in for the academic redshirt. Probably not likely for immediately eligible but who knows. Anything is possible. If he did get a 20 or higher on his ACT that has to show for something that when he is given the proper support he can make it happen.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If he is an "academic redshirt" he may not be eligible for scholarship $, or he may get reimbursed for that enrollment fee down the road.  I have no idea, just trying to come up with an explanation.

If hes an academic redshirt he will count against scholarship limit. He also wont have to pay the $250. Heck d2 and NAIA schools waive that fee for their athletes.