RB Maurice Washington [Nebraska-Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

73 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Washington Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 08:30 PM

40 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Totally out of left field from all reports. Even the know it all on Reddit got this one wrong. 

This should help out with depth but as long as he is ready by conference play I will be happy. 

Miles jones, Washington and bell give us a backfield of speed and versatility. It’s possible our top 3 backs were not even on the roster last year 

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Totally out of left field from all reports. Even the know it all on Reddit got this one wrong. 

This should help out with depth but as long as he is ready by conference play I will be happy. 

Between reddit, RSS, and here(where I get my 247 leaks) I spend way too much time on husker boards and it seemed like everyone in the know thought we were just hoping for an academic redshirt.

This kid would have had everybody and their dog after him if he hadn't been such a qualification risk. Getting him here as a full qualifier is huge.

25 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'll edit this, because I came off like an ass, but seriously, why post this? 

Ya I don't get it either. No one needs to "eat crow" over this unless they were questioning whether Washington was capable of it. Very few people were even making predictions. They were saying what they had heard.

17 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

No one cares about the fact u pointed out he lost weight,  it was the fact u assumed bc he was being lazy or had poor work ethic.  I don't know the kids circumstances, and what he is dealing with.  

It sounds like he had a job and when he was not working he was studying. I think it paid off- now that he got the grades sorted out he can get his body back. 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Miles jones, Washington and bell give us a backfield of speed and versatility. It’s possible our top 3 backs were not even on the roster last year 

Very possible, with an exception being possibly Bryant who more or less wasn't available last year due to injury.

If Bell could take the reins, throw in a little Bryant and Washington, add some Jones/Lindsey/Spielman/etc, add some yards from the QB...all of a sudden a position that was extremely poor a year ago becomes extremely dangerous.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, brophog said:

Very possible, with an exception being possibly Bryant who more or less wasn't available last year due to injury.

If Bell could take the reins, throw in a little Bryant and Washington, add some Jones/Lindsey/Spielman/etc, add some yards from the QB...all of a sudden a position that was extremely poor a year ago becomes extremely dangerous.

I wonder if DO would be used for third and ones and fourth and ones. Otherwise, I agree he is not a good fit for this offense, except for short yardage situations. 

25 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

I wonder if DO would be used for third and ones and fourth and ones. Otherwise, I agree he is not a good fit for this offense, except for short yardage situations. 

The one thing we must remember is they are always in shotgun/pistol, so creativity is often the solution in those scenarios. 

One of the things they did in that spirit was utilize defensive tackles as makeshift fullbacks. It's true this offense doesn't utilize the position enough to keep a fullback on the roster, but there's nothing stopping someone from incorporating the concepts of the position. Maybe Ozigbo isn't the tailback in those situations. ;)

I know I've been harsh on Ozigbo because he just doesn't cut it as a feature back, and it looks like we may have way better options going forward, but I do agree with the idea that he can be situationally useful with the creative minds we now have running the show.

Good news. Hopefully r/b position is taken care of. 

I think the starting r/b spot is Bryant's to lose. 

I don't get all the Bell talk, he didn't impress me in the spring game. Look like a good back, but not anywhere close to what Bryant brings to the field. 

Any way we should be better at that spot for this year.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1