SOTUS - Trump's first - will it be his last

SOTUS Poll Questions  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to watch it just so I know what his followers think is real and true.

I think his emphasis will be on the economy and immigration. I hope he doesn't break his arm patting himself on the back.

Will it be believable? Yes, if you are predisposed to believe every word that comes out of his mouth. No for the rest of us.

The question is if his wife will even be there....or if she is still really his wife.

Y'all got drinking game rules yet?

EDIT:

From Rolling Stone:

IF YOU DO NOT WATCH TONIGHT:

1. Turn off your television and just drink uninterruptedly until it's over.

IF YOU DO WATCH:

Drink once each time President Trump:

1. Says "believe me," or claims to be the "most (something good)" or the "least (something bad)."

2. Pulls out a "some of my best friends are Haitian" line, or in some other painful way denies being racist. Drink twice if he does so and then also talks about building the Wall.

3. Talks priapismically about the Republican tax cut package, or hints at the great relationship he enjoys with the GOP leadership, causing a cutaway to a mortified Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell, as each struggles over whether or not to bite his glass cyanide capsule.

4. Mentions ExxonMobil, Walmart, Apple or any other corporation that reportedly is investing in America because of Trump's tax package.

5. Uses the "pinchy hands" gesture (up to a maximum of three times).

6. Sniffles with suspicious vigorousness (again, maximum three shots).

7. Pulls a Kobe special and overcompliments his wife in embarrassingly public fashion in the wake of the Stormy Daniels story.

8. Says something is "tremendous." Drink twice if the thing in question was totally not tremendous, e.g., "What a tremendous first year this administration had."

9. Causes a lawmaker to walk out mid-speech.

10. Makes veiled/unveiled threat to North Korea that increases the chance that Guam will be annihilated before the end of the speech.

11. Mentions the 702 Surveillance Reauthorization. Drink twice if you see members from both parties cheering

12. Mentions Jay-Z, Meryl Streep, Michael Wolff, Steve Bannon, "Fake News" CNN or Dianne Feinstein. Double shot for "FBI lovers" Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, "Dicky" Durbin, "Cryin'" Chuck Schumer, or "Crazy" Jim Acosta.

13. Mentions a "witch hunt." Wrap arms with your friend and "collude" to drink each others' shots if the word "collusion" is used instead.

14. Mispronounces "Nazarbayev" or some similar personage. Double shot if he mispronounces Davos or talks about how much the Swiss love him.

15. Mentions in admiring fashion Dr. King, Abraham Lincoln or some other defenseless dead person. Take a vote within your group to decide if Bob Dole counts.

AFTER THE SPEECH:

1. THE VAN JONES RULE: Finish the ENTIRE BOTTLE of whatever you are drinking if anyone on any of the major networks describes the speech as "presidential" or says something along the lines of: "He became president tonight."

2. THE LOU DOBBS RULE: If at the end of the speech you are not yet inebriated, turn to the Fox Business channel and take two despair shots. 

Edited by GSG

• I will NOT be watching.  He gets a b@ner about ratings and I don't want to contribute to that.
  • His wife will be there, and she may smile, but it will be closed mouthed, and her wave will be like the queens.
  • My "yes" vote to #1 is wishful thinking.
  • Emphasis will be economy, tax breaks and North Korea bravado.

I'd like to add:  How many pundits exclaim afterward that he's "presidential" tonight?

2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I'm going to watch it just so I know what his followers think is real and true.

I think his emphasis will be on the economy and immigration. I hope he doesn't break his arm patting himself on the back.

Will it be believable? Yes, if you are predisposed to believe every word that comes out of his mouth. No for the rest of us.

The question is if his wife will even be there....or if she is still really his wife.

Just a guess but I think this will be the highest rated one ever.  It will be the Howard Stern Effect...people that hate/ed Stern listened longer than people that love/d him.

With that said...I won't be watching.  

Edited by teachercd

He will do the same thing he always does . Stir up his base with empty promises, vague blanket statements , partial truths,  and outright lies about how great he is, and how much he’s accomplishing . Attack and denounce anyone who questions him as fake. Standard garbage he’s been doing since the campaign . His base will eat it up , the rest of us will shake our heads at the audacity of this crap show. Life will go on tomorrow . 

• Plus1 3

48 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

He will do the same thing he always does . Stir up his base with empty promises, vague blanket statements , partial truths,  and outright lies about how great he is, and how much he’s accomplishing . Attack and denounce anyone who questions him as fake. Standard garbage he’s been doing since the campaign . His base will eat it up , the rest of us will shake our heads at the audacity of this crap show. Life will go on tomorrow . 

:thumbs Actually, this is exactly what will happen. Thanks, I may not need to watch it now. There is absolutely no way anything different than this happens.

• Plus1 1

Hmmmmmmm, Melanie chose not to ride w/him over ... another first for first couple on this night.  

REALLY interested to see how she acts.

Also heard the number of Dems boycotting is higher than any time since Nixon.  And the black caucus members have been given the ok to walk out by their leader.  

Edited by NM11046
  • Plus1 1

A few minutes in...I've gotta congratulate Trump. He has done a stellar job of riding Obama's wave of success.

Really enjoyed the statements about lowest African and Hispanic employment rates, while the Black and Latinos in attendance sat stonefaced through the raucous applause.

This is a farce.

• Plus1 2