Frost’s QB Room

Just now, FTW said:

We are not Rutgers. We don't announce our starting QB before everyone else does! Maybe Martinez and Gebbia both start at the same time and both throw the ball together in unison. New trick play. Never been done before.

Frost's first play:

Black 41 Flash Reverse

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost's first play:

Black 41 Flash Reverse

I mean both of them hold the ball together and throw it together at the same time, lol.

A double pass would be something too. Risky though. But you get your fastest guy on a vertical or post route and who ever receives the screen pass then passes it to the deep man it could go for 6. Not sure if Frost is a fan of trick plays. I know he has tricked himself a couple times as a playcaller.

If our guys are as fast as we're led to believe then there are no limits to offensive creativity. So many weapons, so many ideas. If I'm a DC facing his offense, I'm probably already in a film room getting intoxicated thinking about it.

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

If our guys are as fast as we're led to believe then there are no limits to offensive creativity. So many weapons, so many ideas. If I'm a DC facing his offense, I'm probably already in a film room getting intoxicated thinking about it.

The limit is how much information the QB can process.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The last time we didn't know who was going to start was 2010. Didn't know until kickoff, and that turned out to be pretty cool.

I remember like 4 days before, a bunch of respected RSS insider's accounts starting making the waves. It started slow, something along the lines of, "Everybody has been shocked by how talented the Martinez kid is, and it's unlikely he'll start but he's definitely going to see the field" and then like the night before people started hearing whispers of, "I think this kid is actually going to start, he's electric".

We knew virtually nothing about him before that. Then a few plays into game 1 he exploded.

21 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I remember like 4 days before, a bunch of respected RSS insider's accounts starting making the waves. It started slow, something along the lines of, "Everybody has been shocked by how talented the Martinez kid is, and it's unlikely he'll start but he's definitely going to see the field" and then like the night before people started hearing whispers of, "I think this kid is actually going to start, he's electric".

We knew virtually nothing about him before that. Then a few plays into game 1 he exploded.

I could have sworn it was the first play from scrimmage, a 46 yard TD. 

Maybe it was his first carry. 

The first five games of 2010 were a helluva rush.

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Lol we practically asked the same question at the same time but yeah I looked it up and you're right it was a 46 yard TD run on the opening play.

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

it felt like the first play and it might have been - not the toughest opponent so it was tough to gauge (didn't take long to see it was the real thing)

can't even guess how many times i have watched those K-state Highlights 

26 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I knew he was a really good prep QB think he may have been the best in CA at the time he kind of flew under the radar and wasn't known as a blazing fast runner but that he could scramble and did put up some solid numbers. Pretty sure every other school wanted him on defense and NU was the only one offering a shot at QB.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Was it the first play of the game, or our first offensive snap?

NVM it was our first offensive snap.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Was it the first play of the game, or our first offensive snap?

4 minutes ago, FTW said:

Didn't he score on the very first play too?

Neither. It was on a 3rd and 1 on the first possession. It seemed pretty fast so I'm assuming it was our 3rd play on offense.

• Plus1 1