The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

I think the main thing with this is that Frost now has his three guys he can keep fresh. On top of that, he can put Wandale and M. Jones to get some carries as well. This is assuming that MoWa is good to go which who knows what will happen with him. Having fresh legs allows your running backs to be able to sustain hits and get adequate rest for the season. It also allows an opportunity for the hot hand to get more carries depending on who has it during the game. 

Being able to find those mismatches on LB'ers with our Robinson, Jones, Washington and potentially Johnson will put lots of stress on the defense. Not being able to substitute either is something we need to see more of this year as teams won't be able to adjust their personnel. We may not have Stan or Ozigbo back this year, but we should have more weapons on the field with more depth this year. 

For as good as our rushing numbers were last year, I think they will be better in 2019. One of the other big questions is the interior O-line. Will we be better there or worse inside this year replacing some seniors? That could be a factor in how good our rushing numbers will be in 2019. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

It also allows an opportunity for the hot hand to get more carries depending on who has it during the game. 

This is probably my only lingering critique from last season as far as details go. It felt like a couple times Washington or Ozigbo would really get going then they'd take that guy out of the game and put the other guy in. There were a couple games where it was really noticeable.

• 2 months later...