Russia

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kremlin-tv-hopes-putin-unhinged-095626302.html

Just saying.... It's super odd, that Russian propaganda is praying that their attack on Ukraine will help restore Trump to the Presidency. I mean why would they want someone who was "SOOOOOO Hard on them," leading the world opposition against their dreams of conquest. 

Putin’s invasion of Ukraine pitted Russia against most of the world, leaving Kremlin propagandists yearning for any tidbits of pro-Russian sentiment in the United States. These days, state television draws on a bounty of translated quotes almost exclusively from two Western voices: Tucker Carlson of Fox News and former U.S. President Donald J. Trump. They have a plan to reward them both: Carlson with a highly coveted interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Trump with a freebie PR campaign designed to light his path back to the White House.

• Plus1 4

20 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kremlin-tv-hopes-putin-unhinged-095626302.html

Just saying.... It's super odd, that Russian propaganda is praying that their attack on Ukraine will help restore Trump to the Presidency. I mean why would they want someone who was "SOOOOOO Hard on them," leading the world opposition against their dreams of conquest. 

Putin’s invasion of Ukraine pitted Russia against most of the world, leaving Kremlin propagandists yearning for any tidbits of pro-Russian sentiment in the United States. These days, state television draws on a bounty of translated quotes almost exclusively from two Western voices: Tucker Carlson of Fox News and former U.S. President Donald J. Trump. They have a plan to reward them both: Carlson with a highly coveted interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and Trump with a freebie PR campaign designed to light his path back to the White House.

Yeah….he was harder in them than any president. If you doubt that, just ask him.  

• Plus1 1

By all means, blame the war on Tucker Carlson and Trump.  We have a one party state as Russia attacks.  So obviously you should focus your time on the powerless.

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

If Russia attacked the USA right now and Putin went on FoxNews and said he was saving "true American patriots" from the Biden regime, I have zero doubts that many Americans would join the Russian troops.  Ironically, many of them will have Nazi flags in their homes...

I'll take that bet.  Ds are uncomfortable around the American flag.  And 2/3 of Ds said they would flee the country instead of defending it against an invader.  If there was ever good grounds for collusion...

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
18 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

By all means, blame the war on Tucker Carlson and Trump.  We have a one party state as Russia attacks.  So obviously you should focus your time on the powerless.

I'll take that bet.  Ds are uncomfortable around the American flag.  And 2/3 of Ds said they would flee the country instead of defending it against an invader.  If there was ever good grounds for collusion...

BS. 

Provide proof of this. 

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The content of your post, specifically the bolded, may be the the ridiculous thing you have ever posted. And that is saying a lot. 

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The content of your post, specifically the bolded, may be the the ridiculous thing you have ever posted. And that is saying a lot. 

Not to back of most of what he said, but the bolded was from a poll released in early March.  It was seeing how Americans would react if invaded.  It is discussed here:

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-poll-democrats-fight-us-invaded-1691492

I did hear it on the news somewhere?  I think local.

edit:  I actually read the rest of the article.  So, I would back up it was said, but as usually it was badly interpreted to fit an agenda.

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, nic said:

Is Newsweek a Gateway Pundit?

No, they actually refute what was said here earlier.  But thanks for playing.  

False.

The sweeping claim that 60 percent of Democrats wouldn't stay and fight if America was invaded is not an accurate reflection of the underlying poll. The original poll question offered a very narrow hypothetical involving Americans being in "Ukrainians' situation," who find themselves in a country on the brink of a humanitarian catastrophe.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

No, they actually refute what was said here earlier.  But thanks for playing.  

"First, the 60 percent figure some referred to is factually incorrect. It appears to be an extrapolation from the graph, which cites just "40 percent of Democrats" as willing to fight. But with 8 percent responding "don't know," the actual number is 52 percent."

So they were being thoughtful?

"Second, and a more important caveat, is the phrasing of the question. Question number 8 in the poll reads as follows:

"If you were in the same position as Ukrainians are now, do you think that you would stay and fight or leave the country?"

The distinction is significant because of the unenviable position that Ukraine has found itself in, facing a much more numerous and better-armed military, while not having the benefit of NATO protection (which the U.S., as a key member of the alliance, would have).

Equating the objective evaluation of the risks of staying in Ukraine, a country under siege, to 'abandoning' the U.S., a country with the world's most powerful military, is, at best, misleading.

Furthermore, the question can be interpreted as 'if you were a local citizen in Ukraine now, would you stay or flee?' This interpretation is supported by the preceding question, which addresses the level of support for Ukrainian refugees entering the U.S.

If that is indeed how responders understood Question 8, then it would be entirely inappropriate to extrapolate the American public's reaction to a domestic assault of a similar nature from their response to a non-American hypothetical."

This is convincing....but the answer to my original question was simply 'yes'.

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Not to back of most of what he said, but the bolded was from a poll released in early March.  It was seeing how Americans would react if invaded.  It is discussed here:

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-poll-democrats-fight-us-invaded-1691492

I did hear it on the news somewhere?  I think local.

edit:  I actually read the rest of the article.  So, I would back up it was said, but as usually it was badly interpreted to fit an agenda.

It's kind of worrisome.  This was reported a couple weeks back in both Fox and the liberal mainstream.  It wasn't really contested.  And political junkies all saw it.  And here people accuse me of making it up out of thin air. WTF is going on in their brains?  

• Plus1 3