Mavric

WR Jamie Nance [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Track guys may be a little more likely to get hurt however think of how good  NU offense would have been if there was a second TM to fill in at QB when 1.0 got hurt.  

6 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Track guys may be a little more likely to get hurt however think of how good  NU offense would have been if there was a second TM to fill in at QB when 1.0 got hurt.  

There are very few TM 2.0. He was rather unique.

The question with a player like Nance is how much of that speed is retained once he fills out. We have one of the best in the business training these guys to accomplish just that.

agree with TM being rather unique for football - however was that because track guys weren't being recruited enough (10/15 years ago)?   I think there may have been more like him that weren't given a chance and now days are.

5 hours ago, mnhusker said:

More speed nice to see what having a real identity to recruit for can lead to.

All but perhaps the most run heavy offenses could use this kind of speed, and even then.....imagine those play action passes!

It is nice to finally have a coach that comes in and immediately installs his system, brings in immediate help at needed positions, and is able to hit the ground running. Once this offense shows it can do here what it's done elsewhere, recruiting jumps to a new level.

9 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

agree with TM being rather unique for football - however was that because track guys weren't being recruited enough (10/15 years ago)?   I think there may have been more like him that weren't given a chance and now days are.

There is a very long history of track stars playing other sports, including football. One reason it seems we see more sprinter types is because offenses have gotten significantly smaller with styles shifting towards almost universal one back offenses. That means defenses also have shifted body types to match up. A lot more opportunities in the last 20 years, certainly. 

• Plus1 1

Compete burner. Love taking the top off the defense. 

Are we chalking up this first year of recruiting to establishing a culture of both the types of athletes and character SF is looking for? Yea, rankings don't mean anything in the long run, but would like some of these guys to be ranked higher. 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

Also his profile is updated to a .87 now. Do we see him as DB or WR?

At 160 pounds, I would think WR.  However, he'll probably come in and redshirt.  And if he's a legit 6 foot, he could easily get up to 185-190 with two years of S&C and be a pretty good DB.

12 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

At 160 pounds, I would think WR.  However, he'll probably come in and redshirt.  And if he's a legit 6 foot, he could easily get up to 185-190 with two years weeks of S&C and be a pretty good DB.

FIFY - Haven't you seen our weight room buzz posts & tweets? 

He will naturally grow into 180. Two months of proper nutrition and lifting, you're talking 15 lbs easy. 

Elgin is like a D2 school... color me very concerned... 

If I didn't write a sarcasm disclaimer, some of you would think I was serious. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Damn, his acceleration is great. He has great ball awareness on both sides and there was a play he ran down a long TD he easily could have given up on.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

RIvals has him as a 4 star now.  

What is that in their system? 5.8? Wonder how close he was before

1 minute ago, spurs1990 said:

What is that in their system? 5.8? Wonder how close he was before

Yes, He is a 5.8.  I believe he was the 50th ranked WR in the country before and now he is the 39th.  Their is 46 WRs that are rated at 4 stars so he must have been pretty close to a 4 star before.

On 12/3/2018 at 8:15 AM, suh_fan93 said:

At around 2:15, the punter is an offensive lineman, which is cool. Obviously it's not as cool as Nance outrunning entire high schools while averaging 45 yards per kick return and 26 yards per punt return, but it's one of those things that make high school football so much fun.

This guy also looks like a handful, and should force defenses not to key on Robinson. I’m also excited about Chase. Now let’s gets some more OL and D players. 

• Upvote 1