DT Nash Hutmacher

HuskerBoard Predictor  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hutmacher commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Clemson has commits from 1, 4 & 12.

No secret and it's been that way for a while now that they are one of the best recruiting college fb teams in the nation.  They're currently ranked (Rivals) the #1 class so far for 2020. 

Anyway back on topic stoked for Hutmacher.

• 2 weeks later...

26 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I know he's listed at 6-5 but does anyone really think he's going to play DL?  For some reason, I see him as becoming a phenomenal guard.

People keep saying that, I'm sure he'd be a good guard. But from what I remember both us and Wisconsin offered him as a NT, so I'm assuming he'll stick there. The staff hasn't been tentative moving guys around though, Banks and Piper both moved from DL to OL.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I know he's listed at 6-5 but does anyone really think he's going to play DL?  For some reason, I see him as becoming a phenomenal guard.

His body type screams Right Guard (look at his calves), just like how Brant Banks body screamed Offensive Tackle. I think he will get moved to offensive line soon after he arrives. He doesn't possess enough explosion off the line to be a good NT. 

1 minute ago, Vince R. said:

His body type screams Right Guard (look at his calves), just like how Brant Banks body screamed Offensive Tackle. I think he will get moved to offensive line soon after he arrives. He doesn't possess enough explosion off the line to be a good NT. 

This is obviously a very small sample of his abilities but I thought the same thing about your DT opinion.  Even though he was double and even triple teamed at the line, I thought he should have been able to bust through quicker and easier.  Like i said, though.  Just a small sample and casual observation

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

This is obviously a very small sample of his abilities but I thought the same thing about your DT opinion.  Even though he was double and even triple teamed at the line, I thought he should have been able to bust through quicker and easier.  Like i said, though.  Just a small sample and casual observation

Wait what? Is it really pronounced "Hut maker" ???

10 hours ago, Vince R. said:

10 hours ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

I'm with you two.  Said it before,  he doesn't strike me as a d lineman,  especially with the height they've been recruiting.   Throw him on the o line. 

I think he could come in and handle the physical aspect of RG after a year in the system, but he would really have to learn the intricacies of playing on the Oline, which isn't easy. With that said, once he does learn it, I think he could be dominant. 

On defense, he's not very good. If he plays and moves like that against that competition, he has little to no shot making an impact in college. 

• Mavric changed the title to DT Nash Hutmacher