** 2018 Opponent Previews: Iowa (Game 12) **

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

So much this.  

They are better than Michigan State, but let's not act like they are a top 10 offense here. They rank #79 in total O.  The defense sets up their offense as other posters have noted, so the key will be to not turn the ball over, and to have some success on offense ourselves.  If JD plays, and is healthy, I expect that to happen.Screenshot_20181121-112904_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2b2f65afccfcd2ee36ff0435c47a047a.jpg

12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

They are better than Michigan State, but let's not act like they are a top 10 offense here. They rank #79 in total O.  The defense sets up their offense as other posters have noted, so the key will be to not turn the ball over, and to have some success on offense ourselves.  If JD plays, and is healthy, I expect that to happen.

And even if they're defense is as good as Michigan State, I don't think we'll need to hold their offense to 6 points to win. If we played either team 10 times, I don't think they're holding us to 9 points more than once. They'll score more than 6 even if our D plays like last week, and we'll score more than 9 even if their D plays as well as MSU  last week IMO. Not saying we'll put up 40, but I think something like 23-20 is more likely than another 9-6 type game.