**2018 Nebraska Season Predictions: Call Your Shot**

Project the 2018 season  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What is Nebraska's final record for the regular season?

• 12-0
    • 11-1
    • 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5
    • 6-6
    • 5-7
    • 4-8
    • 3-9
    • 2-10
    • 1-11
    • 0-12
  2. 2. Where do the Huskers finish in the Big Ten West?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2018 at 04:00 PM

09/01 - Akron -W

09/08 - Colorado-W 

09/15 - Troy -W

09/22 - @ Michigan-L 

09/29 - Purdue-W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin-L

10/13 - @ Northwestern-W

10/20 - Minnesota-W

11/03 - @ Ohio State-L

11/10 - Illinois-W

11/17 - Michigan State-L

11/23 - @ Iowa-L

I think Iowa at Kinnick will be a tough game with them ultimately coming out on top. Our road record will be atrocious this year but we will see improvement in the future. Frost has a really kind home schedule and we will definitely see the team playing a lot better at home this year and in the future. My prediction for this year is 7-5, we have 5 games in September so I think it will be tough to go 5-0 in the first month. This is also a top 3 schedule so I think it will be equally as tough to get even 9 wins this season. The team will improve vastly though and that is the main thing I want to see this year is just an overall improvement from week to week. 

• Plus1 2

09/01 - Akron - W

09/08 - Colorado - W

09/15 - Troy - W

09/22 - @ Michigan  - L

09/29 - Purdue- W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin- W

10/13 - @ Northwestern - W

10/20 - Minnesota - W

11/03 - @ Ohio State - L

11/10 - Illinois - W

11/17 - Michigan State - L

11/23 - @ Iowa - L

Went with a W at Wisconsin, Just a feeling.

Second in the West

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

Will they have/develop a pass rusher

The pass rush should be considerably improved from the down linemen. 

There currently isn't that dominant outside threat, which doesn't mean there won't be one. I think Dixon can become that with time. I liked that he had two offsides calls in the spring game. No, I don't like free yardage being surrendered, but I like outside rushers signaling to the tackle that they're in for a long day. Any threat to the outside opens up the inside.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, brophog said:

The pass rush should be considerably improved from the down linemen. 

There currently isn't that dominant outside threat, which doesn't mean there won't be one. I think Dixon can become that with time. I liked that he had two offsides calls in the spring game. No, I don't like free yardage being surrendered, but I like outside rushers signaling to the tackle that they're in for a long day. Any threat to the outside opens up the inside.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. It's worth noting though that Nebraska's pass rush could be considerably improved this year and still be mediocre at best.

And I don't know how good the secondary will be. Any struggles that the secondary or pass rush have could potentially be magnified by the other. Both those spots being question marks gives me some worry.

I'm not trying to sound all doom and gloom. I do think Nebraska will be mediocre on defense this year, which is a huge step up from last year. Then they'll be better in the future. 

• Plus1 2

09/01 - Akron  "W"

09/08 - Colorado "L"

09/15 - Troy "W"

09/22 - @ Michigan "L" 

09/29 - Purdue "W"

10/06 - @ Wisconsin "L"

10/13 - @ Northwestern "W"

10/20 - Minnesota "W"

11/03 - @ Ohio State "L"

11/10 - Illinois "W"

11/17 - Michigan State "L"

11/23 - @ Iowa "W"

Grudgingly giving Colorado the Win as we'll have a raw quarterback and lots of 'new' stuff to settle in to.  Gave us the W against Iowa as I'm hoping by the end of the year things have started to come together nicely.  Our losses to Wisky and Mechicken St will hopefully be competitive games too.

• Plus1 3
13 hours ago, Saunders said:

09/01 - Akron - W

09/08 - Colorado - W

09/15 - Troy - W

09/22 - @ Michigan - L

09/29 - Purdue - W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin - L

10/13 - @ Northwestern - W

10/20 - Minnesota - W

11/03 - @ Ohio State - L

11/10 - Illinois - W

11/17 - Michigan State - W

11/23 - @ Iowa - W

I'll start by saying if we go 6-6 or even 5-7 I don't consider it a bad year. However, I just feel like Frost knows what he's doing and is going to turn this ship around.  I went 9-3 and 2nd in the west unless Wisconsin drops some extra games along the way. 

I think Michigan is going to be clicking this year because Harbaugh has no choice so that'll be a tough game. 

Wisconsin is one of those mental blocks that I think it will take a year or two to get over. The kids will have to really buy into their own success before we beat them. 

Ohio State is just going to be a couple years away and require better scheme understanding plus more s&c work. 

It might be a bit optimistic, but I think guys really gave up and quit last year making it worse than it should have been. I think most fans knew Riley needed a good year to stick around and when they struggled immediately in the opener I just felt like the air came out of the team. 

So, I am calling my shot at 9-3 and hope for even better.  Can't wait for this season! 

52 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

And I don't know how good the secondary will be. Any struggles that the secondary or pass rush have could potentially be magnified by the other. Both those spots being question marks gives me some worry.

It should give you worry, certainly does me. Anyone seeing big things there is projecting a lot, which doesn't mean they're wrong, it just means we haven't shown it. So hard to say how good this defense can be with so many changes. I think we have the physical attributes to be a great defense at all 3 levels, but we lack leadership at all 3 levels. You're not going to have 11 guys turn on at the same time. It starts with 1 or 2 and builds from there. 

We should have a better idea at the start of camp. The coaches know there is a player leadership void and challenged guys heading into the summer. Let's see who emerged. 

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'll start by saying if we go 6-6 or even 5-7 I don't consider it a bad year. However, I just feel like Frost knows what he's doing and is going to turn this ship around.  I went 9-3 and 2nd in the west unless Wisconsin drops some extra games along the way. 

I think Michigan is going to be clicking this year because Harbaugh has no choice so that'll be a tough game. 

Wisconsin is one of those mental blocks that I think it will take a year or two to get over. The kids will have to really buy into their own success before we beat them. 

Ohio State is just going to be a couple years away and require better scheme understanding plus more s&c work. 

It might be a bit optimistic, but I think guys really gave up and quit last year making it worse than it should have been. I think most fans knew Riley needed a good year to stick around and when they struggled immediately in the opener I just felt like the air came out of the team. 

So, I am calling my shot at 9-3 and hope for even better.  Can't wait for this season! 

No it wouldn’t be bad, it would be terrible and unacceptable, just like it was for every other coach.

• Haha 1

I couldn't decide between 9-3 or 10-2 so I just went for it.

10-2

Losses to Michigan and tOSU.  Guessing we'll drop another somewhere along the way but couldnt put my finger on it at this point so chose to be overly optimistic. 

1st in the B1G West.

I don't think we'll recognize this team as being anything remotely like the last few years....and that's a good thing. Effort and a coherent plan will make a huge turnaround possible. :koolaid2:

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I see us 2-2 after 4 games and 4-4 after 8 games going into OSU.  After that loss I think we win 2 of 3.  This is all reasonable to me.  7-5 seems a 50-60% probability to me.  I'm expecting 6-6.

With a team like this, the only thing I find unreasonable is when someone says a specific result is unreasonable. A significant coaching change, a youth movement in many key areas, depth issues at key areas, but potential everywhere against a tough schedule. If things go bad at a position like CB or OT, a few key bad calls, turnovers at the wrong time.....this could be another 4-8 season and I feel people need to appreciate that possibility. However, with so much promise, not only on the field but in matters of administration and the larger community, if things went well it could go really well.