**2018 Nebraska Season Predictions: Call Your Shot**

Project the 2018 season  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What is Nebraska's final record for the regular season?

• 12-0
    • 11-1
    • 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5
    • 6-6
    • 5-7
    • 4-8
    • 3-9
    • 2-10
    • 1-11
    • 0-12
  2. 2. Where do the Huskers finish in the Big Ten West?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2018 at 04:00 PM

09/01 - Akron W

09/08 - Colorado W

09/15 - Troy W

09/22 - @ Michigan L

09/29 - Purdue W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin L

10/13 - @ Northwestern L

10/20 - Minnesota W

11/03 - @ Ohio State L

11/10 - Illinois W

11/17 - Michigan State L

11/23 - @ Iowa W

I'm intrigued by the amount of people voting 8-4 (or better) because I imagine a majority vote six months ago would've been in the 5-7 -> 7-5 range, whereas it's currently sitting in the 7-5 -> 9-3 range. I'm not saying I find those predictions unreasonable, though. If Nebraska can get good production out of their skill positions, in conjunction with some of the conditioning and roster updates that have happened in the last several months, they could push their season's ceiling higher.

I went with 7-5 regular season. I'm not super confident about the wins/losses and where they'll happen. I currently see five wins as the floor and eight as the ceiling.

• Plus1 1

I'm thinking 8-4. If the Michigan, OSU, and Wisconsin games are at night, I would be very pessimistic about those games indeed: the heavyweights in the Big Ten almost never lose a night game at home (I can't recall the data, I think I looked it up a year or two ago). I'm not sure what the 4th loss would be, but I get a feeling that we are fully capable of 8 wins. I would be ecstatic with 9-3, but that might be too tall of an order this first year.

I said 8-4 but with an outside chance of 9-3 IF the D comes together and the OL performs much better this year.   I think we greatly under performed last year and we have the talent in the skilled positions on O.  I like the addition of Bell at RB which will vastly improve our running game not to mention if Washington is able to play as a true Freshman.  The fact that this O will also get the ball in our speed receivers hands more often will be a big plus - which will also open up the game for Stanley Morgan down field.  I think both QBs will be serviceable in the O and we will have enough play makers to make up for their (QBs) inexperience.  Again - if the OL has improved significantly (I have no doubts that it will be much different than last year), then the O should not be an issue.

The addition of the JUCO LB and the transfer LB will help shore of the line backing crew.  My hope is that this true aggressive style will give our D the freedom to make plays and create turnovers - versus last year's D which spent too much time 'thinking and reacting' and a D line that wasn't aggressive. 

Here is how I think we get to 9 wins.  8 wins - take away the MSU win.    I hold out a hope for a big 'surprise' win at Michigan.  Michigan has under performed in recent years under Coach Ego and I hope they are over confident coming into our game.  If we get the big emotional lift of a win at Mich - then all bets are off on what we could do.  Run the table - no OSU will be the issue  and Wisc will be tough at home.  However this team believes in their coaches and the coaches have high expectations.  That kind of two way motivation can work wonders. 

09/01 - Akron  w

09/08 - Colorado   w

09/15 - Troy   w

09/22 - @ Michigan 

09/29 - Purdue  w

10/06 - @ Wisconsin

10/13 - @ Northwestern  w

10/20 - Minnesota  w

11/03 - @ Ohio State

11/10 - Illinois  w

11/17 - Michigan State  w

11/23 - @ Iowa  w

• Plus1 1

Part of me says 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Ohio State, and either Michigan State or Wisconsin.

But then I look at our QB experience, CB & OT depth, and last year's pass rush and think 6-6 with losses to Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Iowa.

Of course next year we'll go 12-0. No Doubt.

09/01 - Akron  W

09/08 - Colorado  W

09/15 - Troy  W

09/22 - @ Michigan  L

09/29 - Purdue  W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin  L

10/13 - @ Northwestern  W

10/20 - Minnesota  W

11/03 - @ Ohio State  L

11/10 - Illinois  W

11/17 - Michigan State  L

11/23 - @ Iowa  W

Could be 7 - 5 with a loss to Iowa, maybe Northwestern.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Enhance said:

09/01 - Akron W

09/08 - Colorado W

09/15 - Troy W

09/22 - @ Michigan L

09/29 - Purdue W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin L

10/13 - @ Northwestern L

10/20 - Minnesota W

11/03 - @ Ohio State L

11/10 - Illinois W

11/17 - Michigan State L

11/23 - @ Iowa W

I'm intrigued by the amount of people voting 8-4 (or better) because I imagine a majority vote six months ago would've been in the 5-7 -> 7-5 range, whereas it's currently sitting in the 7-5 -> 9-3 range. I'm not saying I find those predictions unreasonable, though. If Nebraska can get good production out of their skill positions, in conjunction with some of the conditioning and roster updates that have happened in the last several months, they could push their season's ceiling higher.

I went with 7-5 regular season. I'm not super confident about the wins/losses and where they'll happen. I currently see five wins as the floor and eight as the ceiling.

7-5 is probably more likely than 8-4, but I'm sticking to my guns with my Michigan prediction.  I think we beat them at their place.

I think we go 3-4 in our final 7 games, and there's a few different ways we could get there.  So if we lose to Michigan I think we'll end up finishing 7-5.  I would be really disappointed and surprised by any other loss in the first 5 games.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'll start by saying if we go 6-6 or even 5-7 I don't consider it a bad year. However, I just feel like Frost knows what he's doing and is going to turn this ship around.  I went 9-3 and 2nd in the west unless Wisconsin drops some extra games along the way. 

I think Michigan is going to be clicking this year because Harbaugh has no choice so that'll be a tough game. 

Wisconsin is one of those mental blocks that I think it will take a year or two to get over. The kids will have to really buy into their own success before we beat them. 

Ohio State is just going to be a couple years away and require better scheme understanding plus more s&c work. 

It might be a bit optimistic, but I think guys really gave up and quit last year making it worse than it should have been. I think most fans knew Riley needed a good year to stick around and when they struggled immediately in the opener I just felt like the air came out of the team. 

So, I am calling my shot at 9-3 and hope for even better.  Can't wait for this season! 

The Wisconsin "mental block" sets in after having a Wisconsin elbow in your neck for 4 qtrs as you are getting driven out of the way or stuffed into your gap.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

My hope is that this true aggressive style will give our D the freedom to make plays and create turnovers - versus last year's D which spent too much time 'thinking and reacting' and a D line that wasn't aggressive. 

One of the questions is how quickly can Fisher change the technique in the secondary. They did a really good job at UCF at getting turned around and playing the ball in man coverage.

15 minutes ago, brophog said:

One of the questions is how quickly can Fisher change the technique in the secondary. They did a really good job at UCF at getting turned around and playing the ball in man coverage.

The Bold seems like an elementary concept in some ways but it has been years since we've seen that happen.  How many times have I yelled that TV "Turn A Round!!  I don't think Bo's back field turned around that much either - at least not after Dennard (sp), Prince. 

09/01 - Akron                    W

09/08 - Colorado               W

09/15 - Troy                       L         Hoping this doesn't happen but very well could

09/22 - @ Michigan          L         The big house will be too much for our rookie QB

09/29 - Purdue                   W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin         L        Getting better but not ready yet

10/13 - @ Northwestern   W  

10/20 - Minnesota             W

11/03 - @ Ohio State         L        Competitive game that makes us all feel "ok" about the loss

11/10 - Illinois                     W

11/17 - Michigan State      W

11/23 - @ Iowa                    L        Loss in OT that reminds us this is just year one of the re-build

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

The Bold seems like an elementary concept in some ways but it has been years since we've seen that happen.  How many times have I yelled that TV "Turn A Round!!  I don't think Bo's back field turned around that much either - at least not after Dennard (sp), Prince. 

It does sound elementary, but it's really hard to do, and to do it at the right time. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, brophog said:

It does sound elementary, but it's really hard to do, and to do it at the right time. 

Right, and the same people upset about not turning around to find the ball are the ones who are going to be ticked when they turn around and then lose the receiver and give up a big gain. (So all of us...)

• Plus1 3