*** 2021 Recruiting ***

NT - We'll see where some of the current young guys end up playing.  But a true NT would be really handy in this class.

DE - Mainly needing some defensive linemen to finish out the class.

2021 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

Official Visit Trackers: 247 - Rivals

QB - 1 - HEINRICH HAARBERG
RB - 1 - GABE ERVIN
WR - 3 - SHAWN HARDYLATRELL NEVILLEKAMONTE GRIMESTitus Mokiao-Atimalala
TE - 3 - AJ ROLLINSTHOMAS FIDONEJAMES CARNIE
OT - 2- - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, BRANSON YAGER
OG/C - 1 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 0-1 - Michael MokofisiTaleeq RobbinsJay Toia*Zhen SoteloJosh Simmons
DE - 2 - JAILEN WEAVERRu'Quan BuckleyRobert JacksonTiaoalii Savea
ILB - 3 - RANDOLPH KPAISETH MALCOMDeshauwn AlleyneBaron HopsonWynden Hoohuli

OLB - 3 - PATRICK PAYTONMIKAI GBAYOR

CB - 3-4 - LARDARIUS WEBBMARQUES BUFORDMALIK WILLIAMS
S - 1 - KOBY BRETZ

Early enrollees: Haarberg, Ervin, Neville, Carnie, Prochazka, Yager, Lutovsky, Kpai, Malcom

*-current USC commit

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

19 commits.  More than likely taking three DLs which would be 22.

I'm guessing there are probably only 1-2 other spots available.  That would leave a couple spots for grad transfers or someone they just have to take.  25 is usually the limit but we may get one extra because of the Florida guys who left from last year's class.

• 3 weeks later...

20 (public) commits plus one transfer means probably four - maybe 5 - spots left.

I'm thinking Simmons, Savea and Hoohuli will fill out the spots of need in the class leaving 1-2 spots for the best player they can get.  Mokiao-Atimalala would be one option.  Supposedly they are saving a spot for Dickerson (as the boat sinks).  Maybe some other wild card out there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Feels like we’re trying to pack a lot of quality guys into the end while saving scholarships for transfers. I really wish they would’ve waited on taking guys like Webb Jr, Yager, and that Carnie would’ve started to develop a little later to where we may not have had to take Rollins. 

im hoping we grab Savea (lock),  Dickerson (15% chance IMO)/Wright, Ho’ohuli, & Boston or Simmons. 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:39 AM, Mavric said:

20 (public) commits plus one transfer means probably four - maybe 5 - spots left.

I'm thinking Simmons, Savea and Hoohuli will fill out the spots of need in the class leaving 1-2 spots for the best player they can get.  Mokiao-Atimalala would be one option.  Supposedly they are saving a spot for Dickerson (as the boat sinks).  Maybe some other wild card out there.

If Dickerson, Savea, Simmons and Ho'ohuli committed today that would put us at 17th right behind Wisconsin. Guessing to pass them we will need a ratings bump from some of our currently committed kids.

32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If Dickerson, Savea, Simmons and Ho'ohuli committed today that would put us at 17th right behind Wisconsin. Guessing to pass them we will need a ratings bump from some of our currently committed kids.

Savea is scheduled to announce the first week in January.  Is there any indication on when Simmons and Ho'ohuli are planning to announce?

Obviously Dickerson is a wild card and if he does something, who knows when it would be.  My best guess would be after the season when he can see Minnesota sucks and Nebraska is on the way up.....if we ever get to play.

• Fire 1
19 hours ago, CAHusker said:

I'm impressed that we are getting there with covid and all.  You could make a five start argument for Fidone and Teddy P, but they committed to Nebraska, so probably never.  :)  If we finish anywhere between 15-20, I will be pleasantly surprised.  

15-20 in the rankings would be a good spot for this class to land. We need to continue to stack top 20 classes on each other. Fidone is likely the only immediate contributor (in year 1 or 2), but I like the class which should begin providing depth and contributions down the road. Bretz will likely see a ratings jump and may be the steal of this class. 

1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

15-20 in the rankings would be a good spot for this class to land. We need to continue to stack top 20 classes on each other. Fidone is likely the only immediate contributor (in year 1 or 2), but I like the class which should begin providing depth and contributions down the road. Bretz will likely see a ratings jump and may be the steal of this class. 

I agree...But...from the other direction.  Our team is so young this year at so many positions that we won't be looking as much for true freshmen to come in and contribute.  Some might get playing time.  But, we aren't looking at them to be the savior.  

That's a good thing.

• Plus1 2