Big Ten Announces Future Schedules (2022-2025)

30 minutes ago, huKSer said:

This is why the division champion should be the team with the best division record. NU could go 6-0 against division foes, yet have a possible conference record of 7-2 and Iowa go 5-1 against the division (losing to NU by 45) and win the division by going 8-1 against weak cross over games

The league office has decided to just crown a champion by random draw.

5 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

By 2024 we should be humming along like a well oiled machine. Ill only worried if we have to start a new QB that year. Not saying we will go undefeated but every game should be winable. 

I love the boldness of 6 years worth of assumptions of 9 teams (so in total 54 years of prognostication) with a confident prediction :lol: 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I mean, that's 4 years away. No one knows what the landscape of the Big Ten will look like by then. Meyer might not be at OSU, Harbaugh might go crazy and who knows what condition Penn State or Michigan State will look like. 

All possible. But in the long history of college football, the traditionally dominant teams regress to their place and the bottom feeders to theirs. 

None of this talk would matter much if this conference could put together a proper rotating schedule. How in the hell can any administration look at some of these years and think this is competitive balance. How do these schedules help member schools compete for a national title. It's an absolute joke.

18 minutes ago, brophog said:

All possible. But in the long history of college football, the traditionally dominant teams regress to their place and the bottom feeders to theirs. 

None of this talk would matter much if this conference could put together a proper rotating schedule. How in the hell can any administration look at some of these years and think this is competitive balance. How do these schedules help member schools compete for a national title. It's an absolute joke.

I agree with that; there's absolutely no reason why we should play Ohio State 4 years in a row and Michigan only once. Dumb, dumb decision making processes going on. 

That said, it's too far away for me to get worked up about. Hell, Frost might not even be here at that time. 

Maybe they should just stop with the semi-permanent cross over stuff. I think the reason they did that when Nebraska joined was because Michigan and Ohio State were in different divisions and they knew they had to have that game every year.

Just get rid of it now and do a rotation through the 7 teams.

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe they should just stop with the semi-permanent cross over stuff. I think the reason they did that when Nebraska joined was because Michigan and Ohio State were in different divisions and they knew they had to have that game every year.

Just get rid of it now and do a rotation through the 7 teams.

I don't mind the permanent cross over game. I'm less interested in the semi permanent, but I don't hate it.

I do wish there was a more consistent/simple approach over all.

There is no reason not to do a straight forward round-robin with cross division games..... If they want teams to play more often, then I wish they would do a delayed home-home series. As in, we would play at UM this season, but then wouldn't get the return trip from them until 3 or 4 years later, once we've rotated through one game with the rest of the eastern teams.