Adrian Martinez Injury

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

A message should be sent, regardless of the severity of the outcome, particularly because there was no on-field penalty (late hit or unnecessary roughness). If your daughter was raped, you wouldn’t want prosecution of the perpetrator to depend upon whether it resulted in pregnancy or not. (Analogy). How soon Martinez plays is irrelevant to this being actionable.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlYsDu8bO38egCt7J8U3P

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

A message should be sent, regardless of the severity of the outcome, particularly because there was no on-field penalty (late hit or unnecessary roughness). If your daughter was raped, you wouldn’t want prosecution of the perpetrator to depend upon whether it resulted in pregnancy or not. (Analogy). How soon Martinez plays is irrelevant to this being actionable.

ydm5h58.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Meh. Montez didnt cheap shot our QB. no reason to hurt his future NFL aspirations because he has crap teammates.

Now, if one of our O-lineman were to chop block the hell out of #55 and #53's knees.. I am ok with that.

44 and 53

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Dafuq?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Meh. Montez didnt cheap shot our QB. no reason to hurt his future NFL aspirations because he has crap teammates.

Now, if one of our O-lineman were to chop block the hell out of #55 and #53's knees.. I am ok with that.

Montez didn't do anything, that's true. But we got to him for seven sacks and a few more QB hurries/pressures. And that's after less than a year in Frost's conditioning program.

I would venture a guess that Colorado's O Line isn't going to get so much magically better next year that they're going to keep Montez off the carpet with our guys having a full season and another off-season weight regimen under their belts. 

Now, while they're pressuring Montez next year, if they happen to remember the CU player's extracurriculars from this year, who's to say what extra oomph that could give their completely clean and legal pass rush? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Image result for sending a message gif

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Montez didn't do anything, that's true. But we got to him for seven sacks and a few more QB hurries/pressures. And that's after less than a year in Frost's conditioning program.

I would venture a guess that Colorado's O Line isn't going to get so much magically better next year that they're going to keep Montez off the carpet with our guys having a full season and another off-season weight regimen under their belts. 

Now, while they're pressuring Montez next year, if they happen to remember the CU player's extracurriculars from this year, who's to say what extra oomph that could give their completely clean and legal pass rush? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That’s strictly revenge. Taking out #44 is just protecting your own players which is more important.  An injury that takes him out 1 or 2 games is sufficient. If the PAC or CU do the right thing maybe #44 learns his lesson by next year.

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That kind of thing exemplified the best defenses this program has ever had. It's also in line with the player mentality of "taking care of it on the field."

I’d like to think we were about being a hard hitting physical team but clean. So physically intimidating that opponents knew better than to even try crap like that. I think dirty play could escalate into an endless cycle if done without a clear reason.  We had several clean shots on Montez but he stayed in the game because we didn’t choose to torque his leg like a pipe wrench. That’s the way the game should be played. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I’d like to think we were about being a hard hitting physical team but clean. So physically intimidating that opponents knew better than to even try crap like that. I think dirty play could escalate into an endless cycle if done without a clear reason.  We had several clean shots on Montez but he stayed in the game because we didn’t choose to torque his leg like a pipe wrench. That’s the way the game should be played. 

Right. Which is why I said:

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You completely missed my point. 

Montez did nothing. I am not saying we "two hand touch" when we get to him but no reason to start twisting knees.

It is one thing to hit the guy and another to go out of your way to injure him. Not sure why that would give our guys extra oomph when Montez had nothing to do with it.

And yes, I know you said clean and legal pass rush but still think you are missing my point on this not being about Montez and making him pay for it even if its just being hit a bit harder.

• Plus1 1