Adrian Martinez Injury

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Right, like how is this not considered a form of targeting? Are they only concerned with concussions, to the point that they don't really care about stuff like being able to walk?

In fact this is even worse than targeting imo. Sometimes sure targeting is obviously deliberate and other times it's more of an unfortunate accident, but in this case with Colorado I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it's 100% deliberate, especially given Colorado's history with such type of dirty play. 

I just think it's dumb that the one type of play that can't really be policed 100% accurately 100% of the time is what they make such a stink over and then we get "oh Nebraska is just trying to make excuses for why they lost" when we have solid proof of ill intent. Yet another example of us getting the shaft from the refs and media types.

I've seen people refer to Martinez as "The Closer" because his number & initials are 2am - when Lincoln's bars close.

I've seen people refer to Martinez as "Closing Time" because of his number & initials.

EDIT - To clarify the nickname and to give credit where it is due, this is from Michael Stibbs, from 1620 The Zone in Omaha, passed along by one of my twitter buddies.

Edited by knapplc
Gave credit to source
  • Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Excited to see what the future holds for this kid, but wouldn't anoint him with any nickname until he plays more than 3.5 quarters of football.  But, it's fun to watch everyone try.  LOL.

edit:  but, quietly, I do like the 2AM reference.

What does his playing time have to do with having a nickname?

3 hours ago, broganreynik said:

What does his playing time have to do with having a nickname?

Well, that’s usually how these things work.

You usually get a nickname if you’re really great, really horrible, really short, or have a name that rhymes with a lot of fun words.

But yes I agree - we should have nicknames for all.