Hypothetical: If we win our next two games...

ScottyIce

9 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

After a 37-13 thrashing of Wisconsin, Nebraska jumps to 1-4 and #25 in the polls.

The following two weeks, Nebraska is thumped by NW & Minnesota and falls to 1-6. Both games were 10 point losses.

How do you feel Cdog?

Depressed that we lost to the most underrated team in the world and Minnesota. Also, wondering what the hell AP voters were smoking to put a 1-4 team in the top 25. 

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Where do you think we are at? 1-0 in B1G Play against a formidable foe. 2-1 overall.

Does it make you think we might just win the West?

55 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No

IF we win the next 2, Michigan included, Yes, at that point it causes me to think we might win the west. Not sure why it wouldn't. If we go into the big house in our 3rd game and win, who is left on our schedule besides tOSU that we don't stand a very good chance of defeating?

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

IF we win the next 2, Michigan included, Yes, at that point it causes me to think we might win the west. Not sure why it wouldn't. If we go into the big house in our 3rd game and win, who is left on our schedule besides tOSU that we don't stand a very good chance of defeating?

Put a percentage on your term "very good chance" and then I can answer.  What does very good chance mean in your opinion?  40% 50% 51%?

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

If we go into Ann Arbor and beat Michigan with their defense , I honestly don’t know how anyone could not think we’d have a good chance doing the same to Wisconsin in Madison. 

I'll bite. 

Because Michigan has a piss-poor offense, including a porous offensive line, and unless Michigan is fielding the 2009 Nebraska Blackshirts, their defense is going to have issues being on the field so long this season. Their special teams are not very good, coaching is suspect, and if our defense shows up, it could be a tight, low-scoring affair that we pull off. 

Conversely, Wisconsin doesn't have as good as a defense as Michigan, but they have a more than competent offense with one of the best O-Lines in the nation. They could just phone the gameplan in and run student body right/left all game long, and it's going to be close by virtue of that O-Line.

Two completely different teams, one on a downward trajectory, despite the celebrity status of the coach, and one on an upward trajectory, helped by our absence in the B1G West race. 

I don’t see Michigan as being on a downward trend. They possibly have the best defense in the conference and it’s too early to discount their offense IMO. I get how Harbaugh doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt, but if they figure out something on offense and start winning that will change fast. I also think Wisconsin is overrated this year.  I guess we’ll see how it all plays out soon enough. 

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Put a percentage on your term "very good chance" and then I can answer.  What does very good chance mean in your opinion?  40% 50% 51%?

The question was “does it make you think we ‘might’ win the west. My answer is yes. If you want a percentage then a 50% or better chance. Without getting too technical only 1 game into the season, I would guess we could win the west with a loss to tOSU and 1 other loss. If we beat Michigan, IMO that means we may only have to win one of Wiscy or Mich St. Yes, I’m being optimistic and assuming all others will be W’s. Without Riley & crew gumming up the works, I have little respect for Iowa, NW and Purdue and even less for the others. I saw enough Saturday to know that things have changed significantly. Sure we’ve got some issues to work on but I have confidence in SF and this team like I haven’t had in 17 years.

edit- keep in mind I am also making the assumption that we are going to keep getting better and better. Look at where we were 8 months ago compared to the team we fielded last week. I think the improvement will continue at a rapid pace.