*** 2018 Game 4 "Expert" Picks: Purdue At Nebraska ***

Saunders

5 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I don't even want to know the meltdown that will come to this board if Nebraska loses at home to Purdue.

Do you really think it would be any different or worse than the last couple weeks? And a follow up question- do you actually expect NU to win with what they've shown so far? Might want to dial down your expectations until they actually start clicking. I'm now expecting the absolute worst so that hopefully I might be pleasantly surprised.

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Do you really think it would be any different or worse than the last couple weeks? And a follow up question- do you actually expect NU to win with what they've shown so far? Might want to dial down your expectations until they actually start clicking. I'm now expecting the absolute worst so that hopefully I might be pleasantly surprised.

Do I think the "meltdown" could get any worse?  Yes, yes I do.

I legit have no idea what will happen in this game.  As always, hoping for an NU win...

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I think this season is done when it comes to super meltdowns...

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too. A person would have to be pretty clueless to be surprised at this point with even the most inept play. It could stay bad or get even worse for the remainder of this season. But hopefully it starts to show improvement. Based on what I’ve seen so far, I literally would not be surprised if the team went winless this year. No sense for anybody to go into meltdown mode now. It is what it is.

49 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I don't even want to know the meltdown that will come to this board if Nebraska loses at home to Purdue.

There would not be a meltdown. Aren't we all numb already? I'm more excited about winter camp than I am for the rest of this season.

Now... if we're 2-4 after the Wisconsin game I'll feel better.  Yikes that looks terrible when I read it back to myself.

13 minutes ago, Sker fer life said:

Nope, this is Narnia.

Narnia is supposed to be a happy place. Except when the bad guys are trying to kill you or making you eat fish eggs.

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

The fans have become accustomed to losing so another one won't be much of surprise and won't be a meltdown IMHO. They have been a better team than NU recently with as good of talent as we have so a loss won't shock anybody.

Now, if Bethune-Cookman takes us to the woodshed there will definitely be a meltdown. Don't think that will happen but after watching the last two games I'm not ruling out anything.

Dammit, I don't know why Purdue gets this sorry rep around here.  Not to point fingers at Teach (He's awesome) or anyone else that adamantly point to them as a bottom dweller, worst of the worst program.   They used to be very competitive.  And during our BC days of being terrible, Purdue was ranked in the top 25, top 15 a few times.  They had players like Drew Brees and Kyle Orton (who you guys better know, that wore #18 for Berringer).  If you do not know this, than maybe you need to recognize. 

Purdue had a few years of suck, for sure.  But they are not a typical pencil domination Win for ever and ever and evvver zomg. 

Let's have some Respect.

Huskers 39-Purdue 33 (upset Saturday!)

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

The fans have become accustomed to losing so another one won't be much of surprise and won't be a meltdown IMHO. They have been a better team than NU recently with as good of talent as we have so a loss won't shock anybody.

Now, if Bethune-Cookman takes us to the woodshed there will definitely be a meltdown. Don't think that will happen but after watching the last two games I'm not ruling out anything.

Yeah but alcohol can even make fans accostomed to losing do and say things that they would normally pass by if sober.

And while most of us (even the pre-season kool-aid drinkers like me) now understand just how steep of climb this re-build job is; there will always be those morons who get on sports talk radio, twitter, etc and start putting the idea out that Frost or some of his coaches should be fired.  Hell, we've already seen such posts already here on this board and that was after just a few games.

So yeah, we lose again, at home, to Purdue and certain sectors of this fan base could become totally unhinged and yeah, things could get much much worse.