What Did We Learn? Purdue

Waldo

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Riley didn’t recruit cream puffs.  Our starting offense has an average star rating of about 88 according to 247.  You don’t get rated that way by being weak. 

What I will say is he more than likely created a culture of weakness and no accountability.  Or at least had to condone it because the AD was the supposed disciplinarian.

Most top athletes want to be pushed and held accountable.  When Riley let the kids do whatever they wanted, it created a terrible atmosphere. So when Frost tries to turn around that culture, push the kids and hold them accountable, some kids will respond positivitely, some kids will respond negatively. That’s the schism we seem to be experiencing right now. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Most top athletes want to be pushed and held accountable.  When Riley let the kids do whatever they wanted, it created a terrible atmosphere. So when Frost tries to turn around that culture, push the kids and hold them accountable, some kids will respond positivitely, some kids will respond negatively. That’s the schism we seem to be experiencing right now. 

That’s what I’m saying.  He didn’t recruit weak players.  He likely fostered that behavior

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Exactly- and add in off-season over-hype and you have all the fixins of a fragile mind. 

14 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Same s#!t different toilet. 

I think the toilet needs to be flushed (several years of recruiting) so to speak to shake out those who are not on board or hurting this team with undisciplined play.  I stand by this team and the coaching staff no matter how much more ugly this season gets.  

8 hours ago, MountainMan said:

Scott Frost was put forth as a savior sent to save Nebraska and it’s people and you’re incredulous and mad the kids he’s paid to coach are looking to him for answers?

I am not incredulous or mad.  Where did you get that?  But yeah the players need to look inside themselves right now.  How bad do they want to win? Scott Frost is among the best and if you wont play football for him.... hit the road.

• Plus1 1

I learned some things stay the same. 

Teams run to towards #5 and pass towards #21.  It gives them higher chances for big plays.

Also...

Punter is still a below average punter compared to the other team's punter.

PK isn't ready for college ball or games yet. I hope he can turn it around, or we better find a new one ASAP before a game is on the line.

Martinez, JD, Ozigbo, Stanley Morgan played well.  There were some pretty good blocks on the right side of the ball (running the ball).  A few times on the left but not consistent. 

Several guys played well on Defense, but not enough and it seems to be the same guys having an angle or opportunity to make a play and whiff.

Those 15 yard penalties are past ridiculous.

Franklin's Penn State bosses were able to portray themselves as innocent widdle victims while helping Sandusky sponsor Penn State-based events so he could entrap 10-11-12 year old boys in the name of 'recruiting them'.  The school is STILL portraying itself as the innocent victim, crying foul every time foes mention the shower rooms or the 30 years of sodomy under Sandusky-Paterno.  But why didn't the NCAA use the same holy stick to beat on Baylor after 6 years of recruit-by-gang-rape promises?  "Only one conviction!" but yes that testimony included 6 years of recruiting trips using gang-rape-wink-wink tales.

But at least Nebraska is rid of getting easy access to Lone Star recruits.

28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Exactly. Some naysayers saw 11 penalties, I saw 11 Teachable Moments. This season is magical that way.

The second half was quite magical for Jackson to experience his Teachable Moment.

His replacement gave a quote about where accountability has to come from.

The light bulb is coming in for some of the players.  And Frost is getting a better idea of who it's not going to come on for, which will have to be addressed on the recruiting trail efforts.

34 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The second half was quite magical for Jackson to experience his Teachable Moment.

His replacement gave a quote about where accountability has to come from.

The light bulb is coming in for some of the players.  And Frost is getting a better idea of who it's not going to come on for, which will have to be addressed on the recruiting trail efforts.

“Gave a quote”

One things for sure, if the press conference counted towards the score this team would be Indy bound