The Angry Violent Left

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

There aren't any. And none of the quotes you posted links for were calls for violence. Walters didn't call for violence she called for protest. As did Holder in the first quote. Hilary didn't really call for violence either and the kick them when they go low quote is not a literal call for violence! He is simply saying when republicans play dirty politically, dems have to make them pay for it by essentially negative campaigning against them for what they are doing. No calls for violence among the quotes you linked, simply incredibly biased and reactionary takes to quotes made.

That said the quotes certainly aren't the way we want to be interacting with each other but desperate times...protesting is a must now more tham ever.

I talked about calls for harassing Republicans anywhere they can be found and calls for being uncivil....those are all in the links I provided. Then some biased individuals in here started trying to switch the topic to claim Trump called on supporters to send mail bombs and kill Jews at synagogues. The latter never happened and there is no evidence. The former did and evidence has been provided. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Told you @knapplc

Same views as his buddy

I stand corrected.

And while the Dem leaders are calling for incivility, poor republicans are not enjoying their dinner as much as they would like.

Meanwhile, while Trump is making physical threats and offering to pay legal bills, synagogues are being shot up and bombs are being mailed.

TOTALLY THE SAME THING

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I stand corrected.

And while the Dem leaders are calling for incivility, poor republicans are not enjoying their dinner as much as they would like.

Meanwhile, while Trump is making physical threats and offering to pay legal bills, synagogues are being shot up and bombs are being mailed.

TOTALLY THE SAME THING

I mean, one GOP Senator was shot and another punched. Neither one was eating dinner though :dunno

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean, one GOP Senator was shot and another punched. Neither one was eating dinner though :dunno

Nobody should ever be shot. If you dont like someone vote them out. But the difference between this guy being shot and the people shot today is the GOP senator is voting for and making laws that affect millions of people. They are f#&%ing with my family. My brother is a type 1 diabetic and already has to pay $300+ for medication a month with insurance. And these people are trying to make it so insurance companies can deny him coverage. I mean of course people are going to be mad. Doesnt make it right to try and kill them. The people shot today dont have the power to negatively impact peoples lives it was just pure hatred of a group of people for being different. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I talked about calls for harassing Republicans anywhere they can be found and calls for being uncivil....those are all in the links I provided. Then some biased individuals in here started trying to switch the topic to claim Trump called on supporters to send mail bombs and kill Jews at synagogues. The latter never happened and there is no evidence. The former did and evidence has been provided. 

No one has done the bolded. That is a lie. You also have said multiple times dems have called for violence against republicans. Also a lie. You also can't face the fact Trumps language is more agitating than anything dems have said. No one has claimed he said the bolded, but his rhetoric is more confrontational and violent then anything you have linked trying to claim a call for violence against republicans. Saying he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and people would still vote for him is far worse than any quote you linked which were all essentially calling for protest, something which is perfectly legal and should be respected.

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

People are being murdered because Trump is inciting them to and you're over here complaining that some Republicans have had their dinner disturbed.

The utter lack of perspective is incredible.  Just incredible.

For Nebfanatic last post questioning if there are some on here trying to blame Trump for the mail bomber and now apparently some want to blame him for this nut who shot the synagogue.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

No one has done the bolded. That is a lie. You also have said multiple times dems have called for violence against republicans. Also a lie. You also can't face the fact Trumps language is more agitating than anything dems have said. No one has claimed he said the bolded, but his rhetoric is more confrontational and violent then anything you have linked trying to claim a call for violence against republicans. Saying he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and people would still vote for him is far worse than any quote you linked which were all essentially calling for protest, something which is perfectly legal and should be respected.

Are you going to continue to deny that Maxine Waters called on supporters to find republicans at gas stations, restaurants, anywhere and to harass and confront them...and shortly after making that speech we saw it happen to Sarah Sanders and then McConnell earlier this summer. The actions taken were directly tied to her words.  You are making a completely false equivalency to Trump and the events from the past week.  Trump is guilty of one thing...winning the 2016 election which has triggered the entire left to go crazy. Many still cannot accept the will of the American people two years later which is sad. 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You are making a completely false equivalency to Trump and the events from the past week.  Trump is guilty of one thing...winning the 2016 election which has triggered the entire left to go crazy. Many still cannot accept the will of the American people two years later which is sad

Can’t you see that trump’s rhetoric has allowed hate to fester and grow.  Is it a complete coincidence to you that the maga bomber went after the people trump insults and criticizes?And the Synagogue shooter hated HIAS, which is an organization dedicated to helping refugees.  While trump is whipping up fear and hatred towards the scary caravan that is coming.  trump is guilty of plenty

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

For Nebfanatic last post questioning if there are some on here trying to blame Trump for the mail bomber and now apparently some want to blame him for this nut who shot the synagogue.

Because he spends his time AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES not even dog-whistling, no, he spends it VILIFYING groups of our fellow citizens, asylum seekers, and anyone else he can get his base to hate and fear.  This stirs up people that are already mentally ill and full of hate.  He knows that it does that, he consciously made the decision to do these things because it also riles up his base and keeps them scared of the world and outraged at everyone who isn't them.  It doesn't matter that 99% of what comes out of his mouth is a PROVABLE lie.

Everyone should be embarrassed by that.  This isn't a "both sides" deal and if you think that it is you are divorced from reality.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

This whole discussion has gotten way too heated in light of recent events.

What you call the left, isn't angry that a Republican won, or that a brash businessman won. Infact myself and many, many others here we're willing to give him a chance once he was elected, but he never tone down the rhetoric and vitral. They're angry that an indecent human being, seemingly incapable of self reflection, and incapable of bringing the nation together won. They're angry that someone won who is clearly lining their own pockets in office, while taking away the health and we'll being of the most vulnerable among us. 

These recent incidents didn't occur in a vacuum. For you and I words may not have a very big impact, but when you're an elected official, or working in the office of one, everything you say and do matters. Everything you don't say and do matter equally so. The president, his press secretaries, the vice president, the Senate majority leader, etc. have all been caught telling grand lies to the nation. When confronted with evidence of their lies they either refuse to acknowledge them, or attempt to create some alternate reality. When the Press, who are the voice of the people, won't stop holding them accountable what do they do? They call them the enemy of the people, they cut off access (SHS cancelled the daily press briefing), demean them, and they incite vocal anger against them. These are elected officials, who are here to serve the public, and by cutting off access to the Press they have effectively side stepped accountability. And while they cut off that access they continue to whip up their fan base telling them that they are letting in violent criminals, taking their guns, and stealing their jobs. They're dumping fuel on the Fire, and at the same time taking away any of the fire extinguisher to keep the flames under control. Don't feign surprise when those who are under attack begin to talk back and stand up for themselves in social protests. When you cut off the people they will push back.

This didn't start with Trump, it didn't start under Obama, and it didn't start under Bush. This is the culmination of something more than 20 years in the making. Trump is just the gasoline that is exploding the smoldering embers.

There is a turning point in politics if we care to look, where things became less about moving this country forward, and more about scoring wins at all costs. Less about civil discourse, and more about name calling. That isn't what we need. Compromise isn't a dirty word. Holding people accountable for their words and actions, or lack their of, isn't treating them unfairly. It's a standard that we as a nation used to hold ourselves to, and it's a standard that needs to be reinforced again.

^^^^ This. 1,000,000% this! All the points go to you sir. 

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Are you going to continue to deny that Maxine Waters called on supporters to find republicans at gas stations, restaurants, anywhere and to harass and confront them...and shortly after making that speech we saw it happen to Sarah Sanders and then McConnell earlier this summer. The actions taken were directly tied to her words.  You are making a completely false equivalency to Trump and the events from the past week.  Trump is guilty of one thing...winning the 2016 election which has triggered the entire left to go crazy. Many still cannot accept the will of the American people two years later which is sad. 

Maxine walters called for protest not for violence. Im not in favor of the way she used her words but it wasnt a call for violence like you have claimed over and over. You  reacting to a set of comments that call for protest in this way and not condemning Trumps language is very hypocritical. Either way my main point is no dem representative has called for violence like youve claimed

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I don't see him claiming Trump called on anyone to do that, as you claimed. More hyperbole...

17 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Waters openly called for her supporters to harass and confront Republicans.

Hmmm, harassing and confronting don't seem like the same thing as violence and murder. 

17 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Now you are trying to make a false equivalency suggesting Trump has told his supporters to attack (or some are blaming him for the mail bomber) or kill Democrats. 

Well idk about Democrats specifically but Trump has told his supporters to attack protestors at his rallies. The literal quote being, "Kick the crap out of 'em, would ya?" Has Waters said that?

16 hours ago, Dewiz said:

BTW I thought all Trump supporters were white supremacist, nazi’s, etc but the bomber was a Native American lol

I don't know why you thought that but that's a stupid thing to think that obviously isn't true.

16 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Meanwhile Maxine and the Dems continue to call for harassing and confronting Republicans and you seem to want to minimize this trend.

Still not calling for violence, then? Just harassing and confronting?

16 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Still choosing to ignore what was stated about Dems calling on harassing Republicans and to be uncivil.

Ah ok, so once again, no calls for violence, just calls for harassing and being uncivil. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1