The Angry Violent Right

51 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Which is why a centrist/moderate movement is past due. Because I guarantee you that the R's you describe are not jumping on board with the current liberal ideology. (I know because I am one of them)

I'm with you.  We are without a party currently. 

• Plus1 2

The problem is that with Republicans still in power via both Mitch McConnell and Joe Manchin, a majority of voters within the GOP still loyal to Trump, and politicians in deep red states pulling the levers at their disposal to monopolize power, the move is to let a minority viewpoint rule America.

I mean, we've always been led by an entrenched minority, but it was more pragmatic than ideological. Right now they're circling the wagons around a belief system that is literally insane. 

(and fascist) 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

(and fascist

It’s not which you understand, but I get the schtick 

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Which is why a centrist/moderate movement is past due. Because I guarantee you that the R's you describe are not jumping on board with the current liberal ideology. (I know because I am one of them)

Come aboard the DeSantis train. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why don’t you impart this great wisdom on us all. 

Let's agree on some benchmarks.

Where to you consider Donald Trump in the political spectrum?

What are some examples of moderation that attracted you to DeSantis --- being a moderate yourself?

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Let's agree on some benchmarks.

Where to you consider Donald Trump in the political spectrum?

What are some examples of moderation that attracted you to DeSantis --- being a moderate yourself?

How about we start with you letting us know what DeSantis would need to recant since you threw that out there first.  

As far as Trump, he is a fiscal Liberal and a turned social conservative (but really has no real political ideology outside of spending money and border security, his advisors do though) 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How about we start with you letting us know what DeSantis would need to recant since you threw that out there first.  

I believe you initiated the discussion by claiming moderates were climbing aboared the DeSantis train. 

As the conductor of that train, it's incumbent on you do drive that discussion. Or are you simply pulling this stuff out of your caboose? 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I believe you initiated the discussion by claiming moderates were climbing aboared the DeSantis train. 

No, I was telling Devo to come aboard the train. I didn’t claim anything:dunno.  But then you rolled in telling us we had no idea of all the things he would need to recant.  

Sooooo, I guess we wait for you to look up all those “things he must recant”.  No worries, we have till Dec 2023

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, I was telling Devo to come aboard the train. I didn’t claim anything:dunno.  But then you rolled in telling us we had no idea of all the things he would need to recant.  

Sooooo, I guess we wait for you to look up all those “things he must recant”.  No worries, we have till Dec 2023

Wait. You left out the funny part about pulling things out of your caboose.

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. You left out the funny part about pulling things out of your caboose.

I take it you will not be giving us that DeSantis wisdom ? Informing us all of his need to recant positions.  Oh well, maybe on your next outlandish claim you can provide us with some sound reasoning behind it.  We all can hope anyways. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

As far as Trump, he is a fiscal Liberal and a turned social conservative (but really has no real political ideology outside of spending money and border security, his advisors do though) 

Spot on!

This is why it amazes me that people are obsessed with him.  I feel like most people would lean to fiscal conservative and social liberal.  And work out the list of issues from there.  That’s where I’d fall, I lean left because I put a higher priority on social issues.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is correct

• Thanks 2

Devo posted:

On 7/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, DevoHusker said:

to which Archy replied:

22 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Come aboard the DeSantis train. 

Archy is clearly implying that DeSantis is the centrist/moderate movement that Devo is calling past due.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Devo posted:

to which Archy replied:

Archy is clearly implying that DeSantis is the centrist/moderate movement that Devo is calling past due.

He specifically said Archy was making claims "I believe you initiated the discussion by claiming moderates were climbing aboared the DeSantis train." (sic)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1