The Angry Violent Right

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think I remember hearing that in 2005 too.  I think there was supposed to be no more snow because the planet will be too hot.  Maybe they meant 2205 as the year

:facepalm:

How many hurricanes did we have last year? What was the previous record?

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I think I remember hearing that in 2005 too.  I think there was supposed to be no more snow because the planet will be too hot.  Maybe they meant 2205 as the year

Remember when James Inhofe brought a snowball onto the Senate floor to dispute climate change? 

You're operating on that level, here.

Fortunately the grown-ups take this a little more seriously, including those tree-hugging pansies at The Pentagon.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/world-report/articles/2017-08-01/the-pentagon-finally-gets-it-climate-change-is-a-national-security-threat

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember when James Inhofe brought a snowball onto the Senate floor to dispute climate change? 

You're operating on that level, here.

Fortunately the grown-ups take this a little more seriously, including those tree-hugging pansies at The Pentagon.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/world-report/articles/2017-08-01/the-pentagon-finally-gets-it-climate-change-is-a-national-security-threat

Ya Remember that Famine Forecast by Stanford?  

I was a little young but keep getting reminded that we were gonna be in an ice age soon?  Boy the good old days of global cooling 

Islands like the Maldives were supposed to under water by now according to the Grown Ups. 

‘Rising Seas could obliterate nations by 2000: U.N. Officials”

Well what about our most populous city?  Jim Hansen, the grown up scientist told us in the late 80’s that the West Side HWY along the Hudson will be under water by 2019?  Sounds scary but I don’t remember those news stories 2 years ago:dunno

David Viner at CRU in 2000 said children won’t know what snow is 2019.  He sounds like a grown up that kinda got it wrong so far

The Guardian in 2004 said Britain will have a Siberia climate by 2020, major European cities will be sunk by rising seas, mega droughts and famine all by 2020.   I wonder where they got that info??  Oh yeah, a secret US Defense report.  Maybe I missed all those stories last year because of Covid dominating the news. 

Our old friend Hansen said in 2008 that the Arctic will be FREE of summer ice in 10 years.
Al Gore in 2008 actually said it would be ice free by 2013!!!!  Quite the prediction by the “Grown Ups”

In 2009 Al Gore changes his prediction to 2014.  Wheew, gave us another year!

In 2013 The Guardian predicted no Arctic sea ice by 2015

In 2013 The Navy predicted no Arctic Sea Ice by 2016!!!!  Man that darn Arctic Sea Ice is stubborn. 

What else??? Well, no snow on Mt. Kilimanjaro by 2020.  Wrong.     Global conflict and Nuclear War because of Climate Change.  Wrong.  Glaciers gone at Glacier National Park.  Wrong, we all remember the embarrassment of then placards that were put down 

Man, what would we ever do without all those “grown up” wrong predictions about the effects of naturally changing weather patterns??  

Im all for cleaning up the environment, recycling, looking for ways to cut emissions, study new energy technology, utilize more nuclear.  Just spare me the alarmism.  It never works out for you folks. 

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

:facepalm:

How many hurricanes did we have last year? What was the previous record?

So now the climate change standard is gonna be based on hurricane season??  :lol:  

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya Remember that Famine Forecast by Stanford?  

I was a little young but keep getting reminded that we were gonna be in an ice age soon?  Boy the good old days of global cooling 

Islands like the Maldives were supposed to under water by now according to the Grown Ups. 

‘Rising Seas could obliterate nations by 2000: U.N. Officials”

Well what about our most populous city?  Jim Hansen, the grown up scientist told us in the late 80’s that the West Side HWY along the Hudson will be under water by 2019?  Sounds scary but I don’t remember those news stories 2 years ago:dunno

David Viner at CRU in 2000 said children won’t know what snow is 2019.  He sounds like a grown up that kinda got it wrong so far

The Guardian in 2004 said Britain will have a Siberia climate by 2020, major European cities will be sunk by rising seas, mega droughts and famine all by 2020.   I wonder where they got that info??  Oh yeah, a secret US Defense report.  Maybe I missed all those stories last year because of Covid dominating the news. 

Our old friend Hansen said in 2008 that the Arctic will be FREE of summer ice in 10 years.
Al Gore in 2008 actually said it would be ice free by 2013!!!!  Quite the prediction by the “Grown Ups”

In 2009 Al Gore changes his prediction to 2014.  Wheew, gave us another year!

In 2013 The Guardian predicted no Arctic sea ice by 2015

In 2013 The Navy predicted no Arctic Sea Ice by 2016!!!!  Man that darn Arctic Sea Ice is stubborn. 

What else??? Well, no snow on Mt. Kilimanjaro by 2020.  Wrong.     Global conflict and Nuclear War because of Climate Change.  Wrong.  Glaciers gone at Glacier National Park.  Wrong, we all remember the embarrassment of then placards that were put down 

Man, what would we ever do without all those “grown up” wrong predictions about the effects of naturally changing weather patterns??  

Im all for cleaning up the environment, recycling, looking for ways to cut emissions, study new energy technology, utilize more nuclear.  Just spare me the alarmism.  It never works out for you folks. 

So now the climate change standard is gonna be based on hurricane season??  :lol:  

You seriously don't understand how this works do you? Why don't you go back and look at what they actually said back then. Probably something about "increases in storms and intensity".

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You seriously don't understand how this works do you? Why don't you go back and look at what they actually said back then. Probably something about "increases in storms and intensity".

image.png.d9b8b01020ee54461d6ec6f75f13649a.png

It almost looks like the Earths temperature fluctuates independent of man made influences.  Quite greatly even.  

• Plus1 2

The climate change standard is "all of the above" although the most undeniable --- even for the James Inhofe crowd -- is rising sea levels. Not to be an alarmist, but they are rising even faster than the alarmists predicted, with consequences even the Pentagon figured to be highly concerning for a quarter of the world's population in coming years.

There's not a reputable scientist that denies the existence and potential severity of global climate change. I can't speak to the folks who gave wrong specific dates for the apocalypse, but the smart scientists understand that 50 - 100 years is the blink of an eye in geologic time, and because that means most of us will be dead when the consequences arrive we can afford to laugh about it and hand the s#!tshow to our children and grandchildren. Too bad conservatives are no longer conservative because this is a place where that longterm pragmatism and stewardship would actually come in handy. 

I think the word getting bandied about is "tipping point" -- meaning we may not see consequences for years, but given the massive scope of the challenge, courses need to be corrected soon. But perhaps climate change will merely join the long list of hoaxes like vaccines, the Moon landing, and 5G technology. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

It almost looks like the Earths temperature fluctuates independent of man made influences.  Quite greatly even.  

Sea levels are rising. Maybe not at the rate alarmists claim, but they are accelerating

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

You've been shown that temperatures are rising. Storms are stronger and more frequent. All of these are predictions by the greater scientific community from decades ago.

You're right. The planet does tend to have long term temperature cycles over millions of years. It also appears that man is now influencing that cycle by accelerating it. For most of the Earth's existence it's been too hot for man to live and thrive. If we know we have the power to slow the rise in temperature why shouldn't we? This is the most hospitable time any human will likely live in without a change.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good job. You just illustrated that the earth's global temperature has varied over a 500 million year time line. Doesn't in the least prove the point you are trying to make, but at least you found something in your google search you could show and tell. 

13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How do you know the Earth fluctuated like that over millions of years? I mean, where you there?

Oh that's right. These estimates come from global climate scientists. The same people who unanimously agree that while the Earth has undergone huge fluctuations before man ever arrived on the planet, the release of billions of tons of carbon in the last 100 years of the industrial age has likely created its own climate fluctuation - severity TBD.

Volcanoes and cow farts don't help things either. We know this because climate scientists go to the trouble of studying these things. I asked them about your chart and they said it's absolutely accurate, and has nothing to do with the validity of current global warming trends. Which they study as a profession. They also told me that anecdotal examples and conservative straw dog arguments make them sad. 

• Plus1 2
32 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Good job. You just illustrated that the earth's global temperature has varied over a 500 million year time line. Doesn't in the least prove the point you are trying to make, but at least you found something in your google search you could show and tell. 

I’m happy I was able to teach you something then.  It certainly proves the Earth will change temperature regardless Of what we do.  Hint...it already has.  We may be able to change it slightly for good or bad but only in the minutiae compared to what nature will do on its own 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m happy I was able to teach you something then.  It certainly proves the Earth will change temperature regardless Of what we do.  Hint...it already has.  We may be able to change it slightly for good or bad but only in the minutiae compared to what nature will do on its own 

we will all die someday anyway, so why charge people with murder when nature would eventually take it's course anyway?

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How do you know the Earth fluctuated like that over millions of years? I mean, where you there?

Oh that's right. These estimates come from global climate scientists. The same people who unanimously agree that while the Earth has undergone huge fluctuations before man ever arrived on the planet, the release of billions of tons of carbon in the last 100 years of the industrial age has likely created its own climate fluctuation - severity TBD.

Volcanoes and cow farts don't help things either. We know this because climate scientists go to the trouble of studying these things. I asked them about your chart and they said it's absolutely accurate, and has nothing to do with the validity of current global warming trends. Which they study as a profession. They also told me that anecdotal examples and conservative straw dog arguments make them sad. 

Oh and about those alarmist predictions that didn’t come true?  No mention of those?  

Was I there?  Not in this particular life form.

• Plus1 1