The Angry Violent Right

2 minutes ago, commando said:

hmmm....i don't recall what timothy McViegh (sp?) was charged with.    was it just a boatload of murder charges and no sort of terrorism?

Yes. The point is that the act of terrorism already commits tons of crimes, so the idea that FBI can't charge domestic terrorists with crimes is extremely stupid.

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, commando said:

hmmm....i don't recall what timothy McViegh (sp?) was charged with.    was it just a boatload of murder charges and no sort of terrorism?

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes. The point is that the act of terrorism already commits tons of crimes, so the idea that FBI can't charge domestic terrorists with crimes is extremely stupid.

WIkipedia says this about domestic terrorism:

While the PATRIOT Act defines "domestic terrorism" for the purposes of authorizing law enforcement investigations, no federal criminal offense exists which is referred to as "domestic terrorism". While international terrorism ("acts of terrorism transcending national boundaries") is a defined crime in federal law,[6] acts of domestic terrorism are charged under specific laws, such as killing federal agents or "attempting to use explosives to destroy a building in interstate commerce".[7]

I mean, angry spouses and disgruntled workers get charged with "terroristic threats" all the freakin time. And there are terrorism laws in the federal code (just not "domestic terrorism"), that I don't think are exclusive to international terrorism. Of course these jackwagons can be charged with all sorts of stuff. Throw the book at all of 'em.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

So the “OK” hand sign is racist again?   I remember being admonished on here months ago because it changed to not being racist, but now twitter Rose says it’s racist.   Hard to keep up.  

Wherein Archy pretends we can't use context or common sense to understand language and communication. Bonus points for moving the goalposts on what Rittenhouse has been up to.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1