Martinez for Heisman

Mavric

8 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Highest completion percentage as a true college freshman...in the entire history of the world (really...look it up)

i present your next Heisman winner

Brock Purdy, QB, Iowa State.

A3EA1A05-4523-48FB-ADB1-05347375B5A4.jpeg

Pat Forde's 25 college football QBs I'd pay to see in 2019

The Cornhuskers started 0-6 last year and finished 4-8, but optimism is percolating on the Nebraska plains and a lot of that has to do with Martinez. As a true freshman he threw and ran for more than 3,200 yards and 25 touchdowns, with seven games of more than 300 yards of total offense and three with more than 400. If he has a season similar to McKenzie Milton’s second one as the starter under Scott Frost, look out. All Milton did in year two under Frost at UCF was produce 4,700 yards of offense and 45 touchdowns while leading an undefeated team.

31 minutes ago, Enhance said:

"If he has a season similar to McKenzie Milton’s second one as the starter under Scott Frost, look out. All Milton did in year two under Frost at UCF was produce 4,700 yards of offense and 45 touchdowns while leading an undefeated team."

There's another comparison/expectation of 2017 UCF again. The national pundits have this bug pretty bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

9. QB Adrian Martinez, Nebraska
As a freshman, Martinez outplayed veterans like Auburn's Jarrett Stidham and Mississippi State's Nick Fitzgerald from a Total QBR standpoint and, perhaps more important, drastically outdid what UCF's McKenzie Milton managed as a freshman under Scott Frost's guidance. If he takes a Milton-esque sophomore leap, the Huskers become a potential top-10 team with minimal defensive improvement.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27402100/the-25-most-important-players-college-football-playoff-chase

The most interesting piece of this was their thought that if Martinez takes a Milton-esque leap the Huskers can be a top-10 team even with the defense improving slightly. I think our DL and DBs should take a decent step forward with our pass rush and linebacker depth being the biggest concerns. So, Martinez leap plus more than minimal defensive improvement equals :koolaid2::restore

6 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The most interesting piece of this was their thought that if Martinez takes a Milton-esque leap the Huskers can be a top-10 team even with the defense improving slightly.

I think many of us on Huskerboard have been saying this and thinking it all off-season long. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The most interesting piece of this was their thought that if Martinez takes a Milton-esque leap the Huskers can be a top-10 team even with the defense improving slightly. I think our DL and DBs should take a decent step forward with our pass rush and linebacker depth being the biggest concerns. So, Martinez leap plus more than minimal defensive improvement equals :koolaid2::restore

And the thing is I think it is possible. After hearing DiNardo comment on our QB depth it instantly made me think about how lucky we are to have Mario Verduzco coaching these guys, Frost as well. Everywhere they have been, when the system is established, their QBs are extremely productive.

• Plus1 1