A Trip Down Recruiting Memory Lane

Mavric

The Edna Karr trio was always funny. Couldn't outrun UNL PD, that was peak Huskerboard joke era 

So, too, would have been Damore’ea Stringfellow, who originally intended to transfer to Nebraska before flipping to Ole Miss after a stunning visit.

That is dripping with so much sarcasm, I love it. 

• Plus1 4

Zach Darlington deserves a place on the 'what might have been' list. And as much as I held out hope until the end, Wilbon should probably be on the misses.

2 hours ago, desertshox said:

where did he end up? i'm too lazy to look it up.

Apparently he's hoping to go to Georgia, at least from what I can read of the description on this Rivals page. Anyone with a sub wanna give us the gist? https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/jordan-stevenson-update-lol.228777/

21 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm not the biggest Pelini fan but its impressive he won as many games as he did because that staff sure couldn't recruit.  Did any of the 2010 defensive line recruits play more than 10 snaps in their career?

Ya i mean all those pros he recruited getting paid mad money

9 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Ya i mean all those pros he recruited getting paid mad money

Please, let's avoid turning this into another thread defending Pelini from subtle or hyperbolic jabs. It's getting old.

As far as the topic, I forgot how incredibly disappointing that 2010 defensive line class was and how excited I was about a lot of those guys. I remember Chase Rome in particular feeling like a pretty big get and I was really excited about his potential. This line from the article about that class really hits home: "The complete failure of this class was the bedrock problem that followed NU into the Big Ten era."