Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

Nebrasketball Game #16 - Penn State: Thursday, January 10 - 8:00 (ESPN2)

What will the game result be?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At home...vs a team that had gone something like 3 years not losing by more than 13 points but the last few games have struggled (even at home)...this won't be a hard cover at all.  PSU is packing it in for the year.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

At home...vs a team that had gone something like 3 years not losing by more than 13 points but the last few games have struggled (even at home)...this won't be a hard cover at all.  PSU is packing it in for the year.

Hope your right, as I'm wondering what team will show up (against Creighton or Iowa).

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Hope your right, as I'm wondering what team will show up (against Creighton or Iowa).

I would expect this to be close for the first 15 minutes...but PSU will crack.  I think Pat Chambers will be let go this year.

Kind and of expected a little more “hair on fire” effort coming off the recent performances and playing at home.  But nothing shocks me anymore with this team/staff

16 minutes ago, unl123 said:

Is this streaming? Can’t find it 

It is showing on ESPN 2.  The game before this went overtime so the start of the game was on ESPN News.

5 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Kind and of expected a little more “hair on fire” effort coming off the recent performances and playing at home.  But nothing shocks me anymore with this team/staff

"Nebraska basketball: Expect Nothing"

25 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

"Nebraska basketball: Expect Nothing"

I have expectations 

Spoiler

Unfortunately I always expect disappointment 

We have amazing guards but absolutely atrocious in the paint.

Hard to watch and hard to believe we’ll beat any team that matters.

1 minute ago, Big red surfers said:

13 off rebounds to 5.  

My app has it at 18 to 6, but the point is the same.  The only reason PSU is hanging around is b/c they have 10 more shots so far.

When was the last time a bench player was in the game? Seems like it’s been the starters this entire half. 

• Plus1 1

When was the last time this half a starter was subbed???

i know Tanner Amir and Nana played limited first half minutes.  

Interesting strategy considering next weeks pillow fights

Who were some of the others besides Scotty/Matty that we’re spouting that Marrow And Jacobson wouldn’t be missed much

Thank god early draft entry Roby showed up tonight

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Ugly win. Again, palmer & cope get roughed up & play with little enrrgy.

I only watched the 2nd half, but I didn’t like their energy. They need to play with more toughness.

EDIT:  Maybe they had an off night and were tired in the 2nd half after playing nearly the entire game. Palmer played well against Iowa, especially with his defensive energy.  I just hope Palmer and Cope just don’t pack it in for the remainder of the year. 

28 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Who were some of the others besides Scotty/Matty that we’re spouting that Marrow And Jacobson wouldn’t be missed much

Thank god early draft entry Roby showed up tonight

I liked him, but Morrow doesn’t play much for Marquette, and he was always a bit of a tweener for the Big Ten.  Jacobson is playing a lot for Iowa State and doing very well (stats wise). He would give NU more depth, but wouldn’t be starting over Copeland or Roby. Miles probably told Jacobson that before last year, which led to his transfer. 

Well ... at least we didn't get out-rebounded as badly as we did last game.

It was worse.

#OneGame

But seriously.  We shot 49% from the floor and 39% on 3s - both above our season averages - and eeked out a win against the B1G cellar-dweller.

At home.

And I don't think playing four guys 38+ minutes is going to work well over 16 more B1G games.

55 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I liked him, but Morrow doesn’t play much for Marquette, and he was always a bit of a tweener for the Big Ten.  Jacobson is playing a lot for Iowa State and doing very well (stats wise). He would give NU more depth, but wouldn’t be starting over Copeland or Roby. Miles probably told Jacobson that before last year, which led to his transfer. 

I think Jacobson would be starting, with Allen sliding out:

Watson

Palmer

Copeland

Roby

Jacobson

• Plus1 2

59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

To be fair, Morrow gets 14 minutes for a ranked team.  At 6.1 ppg and 4.4 rpg (his current numbers), he'd be our sixth-leading scorer and third-leading rebounder.  He averaged 9.4 ppg and 7.5 rpg his last year here (23 mpg) which would be our fifth-leading scorer and leading rebounder.  So I think he could be helping us out, even if it was just in the 17-18 mpg range.

Jacobson is the leading rebounder and second-leading scorer for a ranked team despite getting the fifth-most minutes.  Not too shabby.

6 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think Jacobson would be starting, with Allen sliding out:

Watson

Palmer

Copeland

Roby

Jacobson

This is exactly how I figure it would have been as well 

Definitely an ugly win but it still counts. Hopefully this game was a way to blow out the cobwebs and learn from. Get a good game from everyone and we could steal a W at Indiana. 

Try thinking positive people

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

To be fair, Morrow gets 14 minutes for a ranked team.  At 6.1 ppg and 4.4 rpg (his current numbers), he'd be our sixth-leading scorer and third-leading rebounder.  He averaged 9.4 ppg and 7.5 rpg his last year here (23 mpg) which would be our fifth-leading scorer and leading rebounder.  So I think he could be helping us out, even if it was just in the 17-18 mpg range.

Jacobson is the leading rebounder and second-leading scorer for a ranked team despite getting the fifth-most minutes.  Not too shabby.

If Morrow and Jacobson would have stayed this team would go from being a good team with no depth to a conference title contender with a lot of depth.  They could play 8 deep without a lot of drop off.

Morrow left because he saw himself as a wing player and not an undersized power forward, which I never understood, because he never showed that type of a shooting ability.  He is a banger and is basically filling that role for Marquette. Nebraska could really use his 7-8 rebounds a game.  

I think Jacobson left because he saw himself going from being a starter to a bench player with the addition of Palmer and Copeland to the lineup.  Which I get and he is having a good season with ISU.  

• Plus1 1

By the way, Watson's beat-the-shot-clock, throw-it-up, quintuple-bounce three finding the bottom of the net with just over two minutes to go was a HUGE break for the Huskers.  Pushed the lead from 1 to 4 and gave us a cushion the rest of the way.  We had a two-possession lead most of the rest of the game - would have only been a 2-3 point lead most of that without that shot.  Much different feel.

• Plus1 1

I did not expect this kind of game.  Miles clearly knew what a big game this was for the team.  I have to say that right now, if you are a Husker basketball fan, you need to change your thinking from "What seed do you think they will get in the dance" to "there is something wrong"

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I did not expect this kind of game.  Miles clearly knew what a big game this was for the team.  I have to say that right now, if you are a Husker basketball fan, you need to change your thinking from "What seed do you think they will get in the dance" to "there is something wrong"

I think the biggest problem is that Copeland & Palmer don't give a lot of effort on the defensive end if their offense is off.  Copeland has looked lost on the defensive end the last couple of games.

4 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I think the biggest problem is that Copeland & Palmer don't give a lot of effort on the defensive end if their offense is off.  Copeland has looked lost on the defensive end the last couple of games.

I feel like Copeland might be wearing down...dude has been through a lot with his body.

Palmer, like someone said, sort of seems to check out when he doesn't get a call or doesn't hit some shots early, I don't know if that is true but it would make sense given what we see on the court at times.

I do think next year will look a bit like a crime scene...