Maurice Washington Faces Charges

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lets just not huh? Factual data proves you wrong, you just have an opinion.

I said it was an opinion.  So data can't be incomplete?  Sorry, I've literally heard women say nonchalantly that they were "raped"  or taken advantage of even though it was painfully obvious they were just dealing with regret.  Hell I once saw a friend who was like 17 at the time molest a guy in his early 20's who was passed out drunk.  Just offering some perspective.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Redux said:

I said it was an opinion.  So data can't be incomplete?  Sorry, I've literally heard women say nonchalantly that they were "raped"  or taken advantage of even though it was painfully obvious they were just dealing with regret.  Hell I once saw a friend who was like 17 at the time molest a guy in his early 20's who was passed out drunk.  Just offering some perspective.

What you just descricribed and assualts reported to the authorities for investigation are two seperate things. Fact of the matter is all of the data we have currently shows that 90-95% of the time if a person reports assualt to the authorities, it isn't a false accusation.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

What you just descricribed and assualts reported to the authorities for investigation are two seperate things. Fact of the matter is all of the data we have currently shows that 90-95% of the time if a person reports assualt to the authorities, it isn't a false accusation.

Did she report assault/rape to the cops on the two dudes...or not yet?

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Fact of the matter is all of the data we have currently shows that 90-95% of the time if a person reports assualt to the authorities, it isn't a false accusation.

Based off of what, convictions and or pleas?  Come on, you really think the ratio is THAT successful.

1 minute ago, Billsantosa said:

Do you really believe it’s just because he is high profile? I hope that’s not the case, but if true, our country needs help.

The only reason? Probably not, but people can't be that naive to think status doesn't matter. It has always mattered. Jealously is a natural human emotion 

25 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I suppose they could.  They would have to track down every person that received it, see if they still have the phone that it was received on, and prove they sent it.

Unfortunately, Washington didn't delete the video and move on.  And that is who we are concerned with.

My point is simply if this is a federal offense to distribute this video and they are going to make an example of washington. Then they should take the time to prosecute the other 100 kids who distributed that video 3 years ago.

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the two boys in the video were never charged with assault, and that all three of them were expelled after the incident. Then, one of the boys was charged for distributing the video? It seems like it was never being view through the lens of sexual assault until after Washington was involved? So, does that mean they go back and prosecute the two boys now?

If this is true, how can anyone say it was an assault??

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Did she report assault/rape to the cops on the two dudes...or not yet?

Not sure on that to be honest!

8 minutes ago, Redux said:

Come on, you really think the ratio is THAT successful.

Considering that is what the data says, yes I trust hard data over any opinion on the matter including my own.

• Plus1 1

Just now, C N Red said:

If this is true, how can anyone say it was an assault??

There are technicalities at play.  There's assault and there's assault.

If it was consensual, it wasn't one kind of assault.

But because California law makes it illegal for persons under 18 to consent to sex, it's assault. But in that instance, if it was consensual, all three are guilty of assault.

It's a weird situation.

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My point is simply if this is a federal offense to distribute this video and they are going to make an example of washington. Then they should take the time to prosecute the other 100 kids who distributed that video 3 years ago.

I won't argue with you on that.  But my concern is what happens to Washington

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

She is saying that she was too ashamed to say it was assault in 2016

She is now in 2018-19 that it was

I think if you are getting expelled from school and humiliated due to video floating around, the time to say it was actually an assault would have been then, not???

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1