The Cult of Trump & other false loyalties

• 2 weeks later...

This is where cult membership gets you - being mocked by a national publication

So, hey, it's August — is Trump being "reinstated" as president or what? (msn.com)

The highly anticipated month of August is finally here, but so far Donald Trump has yet to be reinstated as president.

Many in TrumpWorld have been led to believe — and pushed others to believe — in a grand and "inevitable" to nullify the 2020 election due to baseless claims of fraud, Trump remains far from the reins of power in Washington. Admittedly it's very early in the month, but the prospects for any sort of Trump reinstatement, powered by a thus-far-imaginary Supreme Court decision, are fading more and more with each passing hour.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, the likely originator of the idea that Trump would return to power this month, has been boosting the August date for at least the last two months. Until recently, that is, when he began walking back the idea, admitting that his timeline might be off by a few months but saying the momentous occasion would occur on "God's time."

But the belief that this month will see Trump back in power won't die easily. Rank and file Republican voters, such as attendees at the recent Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) event last month in Dallas, claimed to believe in the August deliverance. 

Among the 50-plus attendees Salon spoke with at CPAC Dallas, more than 40% said they believed an August Trump reinstatement was on the horizon. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

It's unbelievable. A preacher and QB know very little about healthcare. You wouldn't go to a Social Worker to fix your plumbing. You wouldn't go to a firefighter to build a computer chip. I hope people know how idiotic they look when they act like they know something they obviously know nothing about. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Not sure I see a horrible issue here..

Unvaccinated Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins vows to follow COVID-19 protocols

"I do believe that as a leader of the team, it's very important to follow the protocols to avoid this close contact -- because that is what it's going to come down to," Cousins said.

"The protocols are what you have to follow," Cousins said. "The NFL has set these protocols in place. I want to follow the protocols so I can play on Sunday, and that's where my focus is. As long as I can not test positive and not have a close contact, I'll be there for every game."

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I wonder how his comments about Osama "only having one hit in New York" would go over with folks at the Pentagon or the loved ones of the plane that crashed in the Pennsylvania field.

Seriously, I can not wait until this douche canoe is no longer able to talk this nonsense.  It's pathetic and actually makes be nauseous that so many Americans idolize this fool. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...