** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

On 7/1/2019 at 12:29 PM, Mavric said:

While I agree with their point here, they should count the split national titles evenly. If we get credit for 5, they should get 1. Doesn't affect the point at all, but they should still be consistent.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

• Mavric changed the title to ** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **
10 minutes ago, Restore the Order said:

Maybe I missed it but i'm surprised that I have not seen a thread on CU's head coach Mel Tucker's commit on Nebraska. Did I just miss it or are we just caulking it up to CU being dumb? 

CU.jpg

There was already some discussion about it in the Colorado preview thread so I moved your post here.  Discussion is above.

Will CU keep Nebraska Cornhuskers fans out of Boulder? When pigs fly.

Despite the best efforts, and some threats, by the Buffs’ ticketing brass, the Big Red are expected to invade the Flatirons in CU’s home opener, Nebraska’s first visit to Folsom Field since 2009.

The Buffs are doing a heck of a job keeping Mark Fesler’s red out, although it’s got nothing to do with CU’s athletic department. Or ticketing campaigns. Or threats. Or whatever orange cones the university plops in front of Nebraska football fans smelling blood and a good time, not necessarily in that order.

Fesler just wants to keep his car from turning into a latrine.

“They would (urinate) on our car and the students would throw urine on you,” Fesler, treasurer of Coloradoans for Nebraska, the local Big Red booster club, says of Folsom Field, where the Cornhuskers take on the Buffaloes Sept. 7 in CU’s home opener.

“We came back to the parking lot and some of the windshields were damaged. It was the worst stadium to go to. (Bill) McCartney did a good job making the rivalry heated.”

Fesler will still be there, loudly, in spirit. He’s auctioning off his four seats for CU-Nebraska to raise scholarship money for Colorado high schoolers to attend the University of Nebraska — and he expects those tickets to get snapped up by another Huskers loyalist.

Keep the Big Red out of Boulder? When pigs fly.

“It’s not possible,” laughs Kevin McKinney, Wyoming’s senior associate athletic director for external operations. “It’s not.”

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1