Fall Camp Notes

1 hour ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

He stuck to his script, he had a plan and even if it worked or didn't work he was sticking to his script.

I liked quite a bit of Beck’s offense what always drove me crazy was his penchant for taking shots at the opponents 40 yard line and putting us behind the sticks to either stall drives or settle for long field goals. 

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, brophog said:

I’m not going anywhere near that far, his offenses have done some good things, but they’re piecemeal. 

An example of how Frost’s offense is different can be found in that wheel route vs Iowa we’ve been discussing this week. Frost commonly, for a variety of reasons, sends his back on a flat route. Iowa knew that and when Mo released into his route, that LB expecting a flat takes a much too sharp of an angle and gets burned when it’s instead a wheel route. Frost’s offense is filled with plays and concepts that build off each other, making it much easier to address situations in the moment. 

The Auburn vs UCF game is the ultimate example. What a chess match that game is, and still an incredible watch.

He could draw up plays but his inability to call a good game blew many games. 

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Just saw this! Some awesome offensive and defensive highlights in here. Nelson beating Benhart for a sack about 1:23. 

Who is #28 abusing at 0:49?  I like the "get the heck out of my way" attitude and would love to see some block shedding like that in a game.

42 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Nelson beating Benhart for a sack about 1:23.

The thought seems to be he will play mostly special teams until he can learn the scheme. I still wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a significant contributor at some point this year. Makes up for a lot with a supercharged motor and instincts.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Who is #28 abusing at 0:49?  I like the "get the heck out of my way" attitude and would love to see some block shedding like that in a game.

Looks like #58 to me, which would be Josh Wegener. #28 is Luke Reimer - true freshman walkon, he's had a few shout outs. Makes a nice tackle right after that play too. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

28 is Mo Washington lol. Luke Reimer is white and not a RB

Pay attention to the :49 part of the post above. Washington appears before that, but at :49, that's definitely #28 Reimer.