Fall Camp Notes

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I know they're necessary, but some of these drills look so boring.

It's clear from that video Martinez does, indeed, have more zip on his passes compared to last year.

He's going to be scary good this year.  Won't be long now until comparisons to Milton will be an insult.

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What I am about to say would have got a bunch of frowny faces from dudes that don't coach...but you are right about a lot of them be boring and honestly a lot of them are boring and not super necessary.  

When we break down into position work and say I am working with DT's...the s#!t I want to show them and the stuff I want them to learn basically takes 5 minutes.

WR's spend 10 minutes at a station running fly patterns...then when it comes time for us to punt in a game half the kids on punt team forget they are on it because we are so busy repping fly patterns so the WR coach can show off his arm.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Timing timing and timing. 

It it may seem boring or mundane...it’s not 

to get guys in rhythm, know the hashes, the seams, the numbers. Back shoulder throws,  formation shifts, which foot to step with first, which hand to make with room with on which side of the ball...etc

think about the confusion and instruction it took last year. They were grinding gears. Now they are just oiling the machine. It looks fast and efficient. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
34 minutes ago, I am I said:

Timing timing and timing. 

It it may seem boring or mundane...it’s not 

to get guys in rhythm, know the hashes, the seams, the numbers. Back shoulder throws,  formation shifts, which foot to step with first, which hand to make with room with on which side of the ball...etc

think about the confusion and instruction it took last year. They were grinding gears. Now they are just oiling the machine. It looks fast and efficient. 

And it functions as simple conditioning. 

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Oh man - at the 4:40 mark you see a two back set with Washington and Robinson. Adrian fakes the handoff to Mo, quick outside pitch to Robinson.

Holy s***. That is going to be so good, dudes.

They had a play or 2 where they did something like that in the spring game and I thought it looked pretty awesome then too.