Game Day Weather

knapplc

It's not looking severe, but there's rain in the forecast for the first game. If there's lightning, at least it's an 11am game and we should be able to get it in at some point.

Decreasing clouds and decreasing likelihoods for rain as the day progresses. It's highly unlikely the weather adversely impacts the game.

The kicker is the game-time temp - at kickoff it's supposed to be 62 degrees. That would be the lowest kickoff temp for a season opener in almost 35 years. And the high is now sitting at 68 degrees - which would make it the third coldest opening-day kickoff in more than 40 years.

Pretty crazy weather this time of year.

Ten Day Forecast

rNNM89O.png

Game Day Hourly

mqEi0Bj.png

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

We had an opening kick-off about 12 years or so ago (vs OK State maybe) where it was raining at game time and rained most of the game.   Im guessing the temperatures were just as cool that game too.  I'd wait until Thursday before getting too worried.

We played Oklahoma State in our season opener in 2003. There was no rain that day but it was 72 and cloudy all day.

Here's the last 40 years of opening-day high temps.

image.png.a654afd3fcd94868e5a87fec94b37184.png

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We played Oklahoma State in our season opener in 2003. There was no rain that day but it was 72 and cloudy all day.

Here's the last 40 years of opening-day high temps.

image.png.a654afd3fcd94868e5a87fec94b37184.png

I was at the 1985 game.  My mom didn't want to use their tickets because it was so hot.  I got to watch NU play against Florida State.  Tom Rathman had a long TD run early in the game, but NU still lost to FSU.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was at the 1985 game.  My mom didn't want to use their tickets because it was so hot.  I got to watch NU play against Florida State.  Tom Rathman had a long TD run early in the game, but NU still lost to FSU.

Was that the first game under lights at Memorial Stadium?