Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

22 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

which  bizarro hilarious post are you referring to?  There are so many ....

I don't get gameday coming here and wish they weren't.  Too soon right?  Can Husker nation handle another epic loss in primetime?  Do we want another year of being on the tOSU highlight reel?

I'd rather have them come when we have both lines built up and Chinander has the D working.

The line is 15.5 at Neb. We are not expected to win this game at all, and Vegas is very good at what they do.  So, how do we look at this?  Shall we just say well, we knew we were going down, but at least we will have a cool start to the day?

When was the last time gameday chose a 15.5 point dog to host the show?

Last year Texas A&M hosted vs Clemson and the final line was 12.5 and it ended up being a 2 point game. 

Edit: Indiana hosted in 2017 vs tOSU as 21.5 point dog and lost 49-21. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Last year Texas A&M hosted vs Clemson and the final line was 12.5 and it ended up being a 2 point game. 

Edit: Indiana hosted in 2017 vs tOSU as 21.5 point dog and lost 49-21. 

So is Herbie just picking one game per year where he can do an easy win for his alma-mater?

Why the heck else would they have gone to Indiana in 17 and here this year?

I mean I am just not lookin for a National Exposure of a 56-31 drubbing.

True story...the Game Day trucks all got stuck behind some ox carts and stage coaches after the Iowa State/Iowa game a couple weeks ago.  ESPN expects them to finally get by the last combine late on Friday night.  The only game close enough for them to get to and set up in time for was Nebraska-Ohio State.  Oh...and the drivers were all shacked up with Amish hookers in Ames so that slowed things down too.

ESPN was very upset when they called UNO and found out they didn't have a football program any more.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

True story...the Game Day trucks all got stuck behind some ox carts and stage coaches after the Iowa State/Iowa game a couple weeks ago.  ESPN expects them to finally get by the last combine late on Friday night.  The only game close enough for them to get to and set up in time for was Nebraska-Ohio State.  Oh...and the drivers were all shacked up with Amish hookers in Ames so that slowed things down too.

ESPN was very upset when they called UNO and found out they didn't have a football program any more.

You realize they were in Athens, Georgia this past Saturday right? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

So is Herbie just picking one game per year where he can do an easy win for his alma-mater?

Yes.....this is all a big Herbstreit conspiracy.   :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

You realize they were in Athens, Georgia this past Saturday right? 

Not sure if serious...

9 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Gameday will end approximately 8 hours before the game begins. So, the results of the game will not be further publicized by the program. The game was going to be played in ABC's prime time slot regardless of Gameday so it doesn't add any national exposure.

Contrary to popular belief Gameday does not go to the "best matchup" every week. Their job is to cover college football and everything about it. Regardless of the last 10 years, Lincoln is a great college football town they haven't been to in 12 years. I am guessing they've been looking for an opportunity to come for a while and this year it presented itself.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, desertshox said:

now, i am confused

Cy's post up there was a satirical piece, all in jest.  Poking fun at the rural area and Amish population.  Nebfanatic either missed the humor or ignored it, so I said not sure if serious.  You took that to mean I was confused and didn't know that they were in fact in Jawjaw last weekend so I inquired if you were serious.  Then I went on to explain this and now nothing is funny anymore.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Cy's post up there was a satirical piece, all in jest.  Poking fun at the rural area and Amish population.  Nebfanatic either missed the humor or ignored it, so I said not sure if serious.  You took that to mean I was confused and didn't know that they were in fact in Jawjaw last weekend so I inquired if you were serious.  Then I went on to explain this and now nothing is funny anymore.

ah, i didnt realize he was responding to the satirical post.