Chances of Gameday at Nebraska for Ohio State

knapplc

5 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

Those are all logical and reasonable choices.

Unfortunately, it won't be any of them. It will be a country singer or a rapper that does not care about college football and has no affiliation to the state of Nebraska or the Cornhuskers.

Eric Church was terrible two weeks ago, so it will be Kenny Chesney. He'll end the showing by playing the hit song from his new album, "Buy my music you dirty @$% holes."

(In all seriousness, I think it will be Larry. I'd pick Bud Crawford.)

I see a lot of push for Jack Hoffman, which I don't understand really. How many times does that story need told? I'm not completely against it, and don't really care much who it is, though.... Gab and DWade would be the obvious best option, considering PR, etc.

7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Given Crawford already has a relationship with ESPN and I think is under contract, I think this is a pretty easy guess.

This.   And it should only be this.  Bud is the relevant one right now.  Undefeated champ, who has steamrolled all put in front of him.  Will be his best performance on TV this year, as he will not be getting a big title uniting fight anytime soon

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

This.   And it should only be this.  Bud is the relevant one right now.  Undefeated champ, who has steamrolled all put in front of him.  Will be his best performance on TV this year, as he will not be getting a big title uniting fight anytime soon

Also, it’s been 12 years.  There’s plenty of material about this program to fill 3 games at shows.

id expect the Post TO fall of the program, last year, and maybe some kind of Larry interview.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:15 PM, Mavric said:

I mean ... I think we have to play much better to compete.

But what would you have put our chances at against OSU before the game last year?

Interesting thought on that. I felt really good going into OSU last year. I knew we were much better then our record and I also felt OSU was vulnerable. One of my good friends is a huge Ohio St. guy and I bet him ATS which was an easy win. 

He he asked me the other day if I wanted the same bet this year and I declined. I don’t think we have much of a chance against them this year. Mainly because I think they are a better team then a year go more so then any perceived regression on our part. 

8 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Every time we are put in the spotlight, our team finds a way to make the opponent look like world beaters. Honestly, I would rather we fly under the radar until our team learns how to play 4 quarters of good football consistently. I am afraid next week will be ugly and not something we want to call attention to.

Agreed. We should stop televising games. Better yet, stop playing games.  Practice until we’re ready to take all comers. Come outta nowhere like Daniel LaRusso at the All Valley Karate Tournament. 

• Fire 1