Its on AM

BigPeterJ

Look, even if Adrian played well, we more than likely lose that game.  But the far and away main reason we got blown out was on Adrian.  I know us Husker fans trust in Frost, and because Frost trusts in Adrian, the majority of us wont put this on him.  But if we had a decent QB lastnight, we don't get blown out.  

Adrian again missed reads, when a man WAS open he missed him, even on simple 5 yard dump passes he missed or forced the receiver to adjust and mess up his running ability post catch.  He threw 3 picks, and 2 completions.  I mean COME ON! He was terrible passing the ball..and he doesnt run as good as Taylor Martinez.  This is a WORSE version of Taylor Martinez right now.  Anyone who disagrees is drunk on coolaid.  

Idk whats going on with him, but fact is he is terrible right now.  Put in Luke or Noah.  For those that have been blaming our defense stfu and realize they were on the field all game.  If our offense gives them a little rest i bet our defense looks way different.  And our o-line isnt great but stop blaming the o-line for Adrians terrible passes and decisions.  Im sick of everyone blaming them for our QB.  

The difference between us and UCF under Frost is UCF had a good qb, we dont.  You cant blame talent when we have more talent than UCF, you cant blame our o-line, when we have at least as good of an o line as UCF, you cant blame defense when we have a better defense than UCF,  whats left? Its our QB obviously.  Please stop excusing this fact.

• Plus1 3

Everything is the QB's fault? Interesting take. While Adrian did play poorly this is still a team sport. The coaches are also responsible for not preparing him well enough. 

The main thing I am seeing that is absolutely killing us offensively is the inability of our receivers to get open. Our running game is steadily improving but we do not have big boy receivers or great receivers that can get open. We have JD, Noa, Stoll, and Robinson. Where is this depth at WR that was talked about? If we can't get separation what is Amart supposed to do? Also, his o-line is not doing him many favors with high snaps and constant pressure in his face. We need to get this side of the ball figured out because we still have an opportunity to have a good season.

8 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Everything is the QB's fault? Interesting take. While Adrian did play poorly this is still a team sport. The coaches are also responsible for not preparing him well enough. 

The main thing I am seeing that is absolutely killing us offensively is the inability of our receivers to get open. Our running game is steadily improving but we do not have big boy receivers or great receivers that can get open. We have JD, Noa, Stoll, and Robinson. Where is this depth at WR that was talked about? If we can't get separation what is Amart supposed to do? Also, his o-line is not doing him many favors with high snaps and constant pressure in his face. We need to get this side of the ball figured out because we still have an opportunity to have a good season.

Receivers are getting open occasionally, but AM doesnt see them cause he looks down his pre conceived option the whole play.  Plus there were plenty of times they were open, and AM simply missed them. 

But again, blame anyone , and everyone other than our QB, because he is Frosts guy right?  Are you going to blame the 3 picks on the receivers? How bout all the open 5-10 yard passes AM missed? You blame the receivers? The O line? How about Martines.  This is getting beyond rediculous the amout of people our fan base blames to cover for s#!tty QB play.

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Wrong....our defense didn't stop anyone at ANY time before they agreed to call the game and let the backups play. Was our defense tired when they were getting shellacked and couldn't get off the field in the first quarter? Give me a break.

I think we need to work together as a team. I notice in general the defense plays better when the offense is moving the football. 3 turnovers in a half makes playing defense tough. That said we matched up terribly against OSUs offense. Their recievers are too good for us right now.

1 minute ago, BigPeterJ said:

Receivers are getting open occasionally, but AM doesnt see them cause he looks down his pre conceived option the whole play.  Plus there were plenty of times they were open, and AM simply missed them. 

But again, blame anyone , and everyone other than our QB, because he is Frosts guy right?  Are you going to blame the 3 picks on the receivers? How bout all the open 5-10 yard passes AM missed? You blame the receivers? The O line? How about Martines.  This is getting beyond rediculous the amout of people our fan base blames to cover for s#!tty QB play.

So you say all these things but what is our solution? Put in a backup who throws the same picks or isn't better?

Easy to armchair QB and say oh he missed this or that throw. Against OSU we were not getting separation on their DB's, and yes Amart missed some open guys. I am not making excuses so stop putting words in my mouth, please. I am saying our offense as a whole is not doing well. But you apparently think it is all the QBs fault. I put my faith in Frost 100 percent and will ride with this team. Amart can't do everything on his own and so the whole offense in my mind needs improvement period. 

And we are in 2019 and the most popular guy in Nebraska is still the backup QB. It still amazes me that everyone knows more than the staff. With Vedral we are at best a 6 win team, but with Adrian, we can be so much better. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

So you say all these things but what is our solution? Put in a backup who throws the same picks or isn't better?

Easy to armchair QB and say oh he missed this or that throw. Against OSU we were not getting separation on their DB's, and yes Amart missed some open guys. I am not making excuses so stop putting words in my mouth, please. I am saying our offense as a whole is not doing well. But you apparently think it is all the QBs fault. I put my faith in Frost 100 percent and will ride with this team. Amart can't do everything on his own and so the whole offense in my mind needs improvement period. 

And we are in 2019 and the most popular guy in Nebraska is still the backup QB. It still amazes me that everyone knows more than the staff. With Vedral we are at best a 6 win team, but with Adrian, we can be so much better. 

Your missing the point im making.  Of course it isnt ENTIRELY  AMs fault, but it is primarily.

And yes, both Vedral, and Luke would be better than AM has been.  I cant imagine many who would be worse.

Our receivers are getting open enough. 

Last night the first pick, Wandale is well covered but still has a step on his man. If the ball is in front of him it’s likely a completion. 

The second pick he open as well but the ball was overthrow.pn. 

The 3rd pick, I don’t even know who it was being thrown too. 

When people continuously say they aren’t getting open, what they should be saying is the the guy who AM has predetermined he’s going to throw to isn’t open. Usually someone else is. And very often, the check down guy is open. And when that guy is Wandale or Maurice, that’s a really good option for us. 

Unfortunately right now, AM is looking a bit like Tommy Armstrong when it comes to his reads. I know the line, and especially the snaps aren’t helping him at all (if he didn’t have to worry about where the snap was going to be maybe he could still be scanning the field), but right now I wish they’d give him one read and then either dump it off or take off and run. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
25 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

With Vedral we are at best a 6 win team, but with Adrian, we can be so much better. 

Really?  How can you be so sure?  We may not win 6 with Adrian.  We won 4 last year and one was against a glorified high school team.  We all assumed AM would be better this year, but right now he's not.  Period.  How many more picks, fumbles or overthrown passes will it take to make this more clearer?

I'm not advocating benching AM, but unless you've attended practice or have some major insider info, there is no reasonable way to assume Vedral or McAffrey wouldn't be a better choice at this point.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2