Its on AM

BigPeterJ

16 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

For the life of me I dont understand why we are not providing AM designed rollouts to get him away from pressure

OSU game was literally:

1st read

Panic

Sack

Because the only direction you would be able to roll him out is left, away from Chase Young, haha. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

He ran a 4.4 in the 40 yard dash in high school.  I'd argue he isn't slow but more out of position.

I'm not a football savant by any means, but I've noticed that Barry has taken poor angles all year, and there have been some times that he's gone for the big hit instead of wrapping up and just bounced right off. 

45 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya basically looked the same as having AM back there. Almost like it wasn't all on him...

Vedral was far more decisive running, and he was also thrown into the game in the middle of it.

I trust the coaches that Martinez is better but I still think they should have him watch Vedral for a series or two during a game he’s struggling in. 

6 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Except in the end it wasn’t was it?  

Do you really think he ran the ball the same as AM has been?

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Vedral was far more decisive running, and he was also thrown into the game in the middle of it.

I trust the coaches that Martinez is better but I still think they should have him watch Vedral for a series or two during a game he’s struggling in. 

It looked like to me that Vedral made one read and then tried to scramble. Maybe that's what Martinez needs to do, but the coaches are trying to teach him to go through progressions. 

Also, Vedral's long run was 8 yards and so was Martinez's. It looked like the same offense to me with Noah granted a smaller sample size. 

I didn't see Noah do anything way better than Martinez. 

• Plus1 1

What do Nebraska fans have with being “right” all of the time. Does anyone really think the coaches purposefully put in the wrong QB out of ignorance or spite? Perhaps Adrien knew all along that Vedral was better in practice so he faked his injury to ensure a team win? Come on people! We are a growing 4-8 team. 

Trust the coaches, enjoy the drama, and just support your team!

AM is better, and if he has to go in...root for Vedral. 

• Plus1 1