Its on AM

BigPeterJ

On 9/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, BigPeterJ said:

Look, even if Adrian played well, we more than likely lose that game.  But the far and away main reason we got blown out was on Adrian.  I know us Husker fans trust in Frost, and because Frost trusts in Adrian, the majority of us wont put this on him.  But if we had a decent QB lastnight, we don't get blown out.  

Adrian again missed reads, when a man WAS open he missed him, even on simple 5 yard dump passes he missed or forced the receiver to adjust and mess up his running ability post catch.  He threw 3 picks, and 2 completions.  I mean COME ON! He was terrible passing the ball..and he doesnt run as good as Taylor Martinez.  This is a WORSE version of Taylor Martinez right now.  Anyone who disagrees is drunk on coolaid.  

Idk whats going on with him, but fact is he is terrible right now.  Put in Luke or Noah.  For those that have been blaming our defense stfu and realize they were on the field all game.  If our offense gives them a little rest i bet our defense looks way different.  And our o-line isnt great but stop blaming the o-line for Adrians terrible passes and decisions.  Im sick of everyone blaming them for our QB.  

The difference between us and UCF under Frost is UCF had a good qb, we dont.  You cant blame talent when we have more talent than UCF, you cant blame our o-line, when we have at least as good of an o line as UCF, you cant blame defense when we have a better defense than UCF,  whats left? Its our QB obviously.  Please stop excusing this fact.

Totally agree, Martinez is the main reason we sucked against Ohio State.  I don’t understand why Frost can’t see this.  

41 minutes ago, Huskerfb1970 said:

Totally agree, Martinez is the main reason we sucked against Ohio State.  I don’t understand why Frost can’t see this.  

I hope you're being sarcastic here. Our defensive line and linebackers rarely found themselves anywhere in the vicinity of the ball-carrier after getting blown back off the line, snap after snap. Coverage was okay, but still gave up big plays. On Fields' first TD, there wasn't anyone within 15 yards of him until he neared the goal line. Absolutely embarrassing for a defense to be that out of position, and I don't know if the Blackshirts aren't athletic enough, or don't have the coaching to be in the right place. 

Very few offenses are going to move the ball well against OSU, but if we had good coaching and a little pride, we should be able to at least slow them down and force a few punts before the 4th quarter. Pathetic. 

While Martinez didn't play well at all, don't put it all on him. The defensive effort was downright shameful.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Wisconsin runs a 3-4, but a few things I noticed the most

1. Their LBs are way better than what we have 

2. Their blitz schemes are some of the best I've seen

3. They aren't afraid to press at times 

I'm very interested in watching them play Michigan State. I think they'll probably win that one but just barely, and I think they'll lose by 14-21 against Ohio State.

I'm not yet convinced that their LBs are very fast, though. I want to believe that Frost can get the ball to Mo & Wan'Dale in space when we play them and dance around 'em.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'm not yet convinced that their LBs are very fast, though. I want to believe that Frost can get the ball to Mo & Wan'Dale in space when we play them and dance around 'em.

I'm sure that's at least part of the plan, we put up a lot of passing yards on them last year despite missing an open Mo a few times. Baun has been better than I thought he would be, but he's their only pass rush threat and he's no Chase Young. 

56 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah with how often our corners bail and LBs come running late, I'm pretty sure the LB has the flats and just didn't get there. Happens with the OLBs too - Domann gets out there well and Davis does sometimes but not a lot. 

Barry should probably be at least on the other side of the hashmark. 

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Plenty of blame to go around Martinez is off, oline sucks and coaches could be calling plays to get ball out fast since we can’t block at all 

Agree on all counts. , and speaking of blocking I would change our scheme some to provide more pass protection.  Farniok in particular could really use some help. I would look at using somebody like Piper as a situational 6th-lineman type TE.

23 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

He's our leading tackler again so far this year.  41 TT thru 5 games along with 1 sack.  Honas is #2 with 29 TT.  He's had his moments but regardless he's still making plays back there.

I'd be curious to see how many tackles he's missed and how many run fits he's filled wrong. We need to be much, much better at LB than Mo