*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Really want to know why Martinez won’t throw to Noa or other receivers when they’ve been open all. Day. Long. 

Been preaching this all year, as it has been the case.

pretty sure he is predetermined where he’s going with the ball right when he hears the play call

1 minute ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Other than being a Nebraska kid what makes you think Verdal is good enough to lead this offense?

Honestly I don’t give AF where he is from. I’m from Atlanta. Someone’s Nebraska connections or lack thereof don’t mean s#!t to me. I don’t care if it’s Vedral or Mccaffrey. Just try someone else. Let Martinez watch. Maybe he will get a new perspective and get something out of it. It doesn’t have to be a permanent move. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

They haven't really been in the pocket much.  Pretty quick throws.  

And we have at least one sack.  And Stille got a big hit on the QB

I don't feel like we've dominated in any way. They're actually starting to pick up momentum and play us equal because they have all day in the backfield to do whatever they want. 
Our new motto....GO FOR THE TIE!

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

To be fair, Wisconsin had 243 yards against them for the entire game last week...

Was about to say, Fitz has his teams dialed in and COMPLETELY bought into that side of the ball.  Has been for years, and those kids play their asses off in it, no matter how undersized or out talented they are

At the game. Defense has looked solid, though we need to shut down the QB keepers in the second half. Other than that, they can only dink and dunk on us. On offense, I'm not sure of the issue. Seems to be just enough time and reciever running open deep on a few plays but we just can't get it going. A bit frustrating as we could be winning by 2 more scores I think if our O would get their a$$ in gear

Just now, olddominionhusker said:

Honestly I don’t give AF where he is from. I’m from Atlanta. Someone’s Nebraska connections or lack thereof don’t mean s#!t to me. I don’t care if it’s Vedral or Mccaffrey. Just try someone else. Let Martinez watch. Maybe he will get a new perspective and get something out of it. It doesn’t have to be a permanent move. 

Lamar Jackson seemed to have benefited from watching form the sidelines.

This is year 3 for Noah, he has shown a grasp of the O.  I, like you, could care where he's from.  Let him get a series.  Show the team that no position to include Frost's prized recruit is free from riding the pine.  If it crushes AM, then mentally that tells me where he's at....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1