Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not sure plummeting is accurate.  Especially since that was just one opinion.

Good to hear

didn’t realize it was opinions of posters. Thought maybe posters were referencing some pay service that everyone seems to be members of these days and there was a definite tone shift in mid October.

• 3 weeks later...

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

One more time for those who thought our D-linemen were terrible last season, lol. All three starters invited. Just hope we have good replacements ready for next year.

• Plus1 2

• 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Does it?  Maryland has 3 players invited.  

Three players on defense or offense combined? Our four guys that got invited are defensive players, so I'd have to agree with The Dude's assertion.

However, I'd also argue that when you take in the season as a whole our offense was the bigger reason we wound up with a losing record and our defense did all that it reasonably could in most of our games. I'd say the main exceptions there were the Purdue & Indiana games, but that's a different story.

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

Three players on defense or offense combined? Our four guys that got invited are defensive players, so I'd have to agree with The Dude's assertion.

However, I'd also argue that when you take in the season as a whole our offense was the bigger reason we wound up with a losing record and our defense did all that it reasonably could in most of our games. I'd say the main exceptions there were the Purdue & Indiana games, but that's a different story.

Allowing Wisconsin to go through the defense without much resistance for 3/4 of the game didn't help.

Minnesota was a failure on both sides of the ball.  I won't even bring up Ohio State, because that was a complete mismatch all around.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Last I checked you usually play defense with 11 players.

I'm not sure how many of our blackshirts were completing their junior year (meaning that they also could technically be eligible to get invited). But to have four seniors get invited to the combine speaks to there being talent on the team in my estimation.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Allowing Wisconsin to go through the defense without much resistance for 3/4 of the game didn't help.

They were the second best team on our schedule, and we also allowed a special teams TD in that one. I don't look back at that game with all that much frustration as far as saying "That shouldla been one that we for sure won."

The Purdue & Indiana games, though? Different story. Those two games showed us for the dumpster fire that we were - both from a coaching and execution standpoint.